30Duck

Ducks are Thrilled for Their Coach!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

How about urging the UGA players to portal into Eugene? 

Nice opening game for Coach Lanning. 'At' These Guys! Why? For a check. Play 1 off games versus no team. Especially, do not play 1 off games vs SEC teams in SEC territory. I'll be very surprised if Oregon isn't blown out in Lanning's opener? I see a Chipper at Boise situation.  If Utah takes an L at Florida on the same day, give the Pac-12 a 2022 national good-bye kiss.

The size of the OL and DL players in the SEC champ game and last night's game, made apparent how small Pac-12 OL and DL guys are. Made apparent why the SEC is the top Dawg. Made apparent, IMO, that the playoff needs to go away after 2025. This was even more apparent when Georgia absolutely destroyed a good Michigan football team and Bama smothered an undefeated Cincy team.

Pac-12 teams cannot beat BYU or MW teams. Why play 'these guys?' You are asking college players to play semi-pros.  Look at recruiting #s. It isn't going to change. 

What really tees me off is how well teams the Pac-12 could have added from the B12 did in the post season compared to the sorry Pac-12. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 11:41 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I'll be very surprised if Oregon isn't blown out in Lanning's opener? I see a Chipper at Boise situation.  If Utah takes an L at Florida on the same day, give the Pac-12 a 2022 national good-bye kiss.

Who knows?  Losing 19-8 to Georgia at "Neutral" Atlanta wouldn't be too bad. I don't expect Oregon to win this game, but I'll be very surprised if we see a flat Oregon team, Lanning will have his team fired up and if the Ducks keep building through the season as I'm expecting, that would be a "Good L" Utah at Florida, reason for optimism in this one as well. 

On 1/11/2022 at 3:23 PM, 30Duck said:

Who knows?  Losing 19-8 to Georgia at "Neutral" Atlanta wouldn't be too bad. I don't expect Oregon to win this game, but I'll be very surprised if we see a flat Oregon team, Lanning will have his team fired up and if the Ducks keep building through the season as I'm expecting, that would be a "Good L" Utah at Florida, reason for optimism in this one as well. 

Good thoughts. But I also see UGA fired out in front of a sell out home crowd and the UGA anxious to take a bite of the former DC. I would feel much better about this game if Oregon played Portland State in week zero prior to this game.

Trying out a new system on O and D with all new coaches at the defending champ in the opener; that's a mighty big ask.

• Like 1

It appeared to me as the cameras scanned both sidelines that many of those players had their man bodies. That was big men football on both lines of scrimmage.

Utah had a number of upper classmen players with fully developed man bodies. The end result was what it should have been. And that's okay. Win or lose the young Ducks played 4 games on the big stage.

Size, speed and experience matter. When our young ducks took off their helmets there were alot of baby faces on the sidelines. Next year those baby ducks should be bigger, stronger and faster. With big game experience. Sprinkle in a few leaders from the portal and let's get after it. 

Go Ducks. Big time football awaits in Georgia......

I love the graphic, but isn't it misleading?   Looks like Oregon won the natty, LOL.