Flyin Vee

Oregon Poached a Coach From Alabama

I like it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Let the poaching continue, on, and off the field!

The article states Jake Long is joining the staff as inside LB coach.  Isn't the limit ten on field assistants?  Oregon already lists Lanning and ten position coaches.

Should we assume Mr. Long is a grad assistant?  The age is about right, 'Bama listed him as a 5"9' 228 lb dl whose last year was 2016.

On 1/11/2022 at 11:34 AM, Haywarduck said:

Let the poaching continue, on, and off the field!

Free agency for everyone in CFB.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:41 PM, McDuck said:

The article states Jake Long is joining the staff as inside LB coach.  Isn't the limit ten on field assistants?  Oregon already lists Lanning and ten position coaches.

Should we assume Mr. Long is a grad assistant?  The age is about right, 'Bama listed him as a 5"9' 228 lb dl whose last year was 2016.

Isn't the limit ten on field assistants?

I'm not certain there are any limits to anything in CFB anymore 😉

I was curious when the subject of analyst came up. What I found on the net(believe at your own risk) is 10 assistant coaches, 5 strength and 4 GA and as many analyst as you can afford.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:42 PM, Red Eddy Green said:

I was curious when the subject of analyst came up. What I found on the net(believe at your own risk) is 10 assistant coaches, 5 strength and 4 GA and as many analyst as you can afford.

Obviously assistants have direct on field coaching duties and can interact and instruct the players.  I think GA's duties are similar, they can be at practice and instruct players.  Analysts are restricted to film study such as breaking down practice video and whatever 'back office' type responsibilities are assigned.  They cannot perform coaching or teaching duties. 

Can anyone clarify or elaborate? 

That's what I understand.