Ktmguy2018

Sean Dollars In/Out of Transfer Portal

I would have liked to see more of him at Oregon.  Kinda bummed...

• Thumbs Up 1

Dollars has taken his name out of the portal now. 

They said he took his name out, then put it back in....I guess we will have to see if he stays in...or is out...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/11/2022 at 5:35 PM, Badmotherduck said:

Dollars has taken his name out of the portal now. 

The first post says he's in portal, a few minutes later out, and now back in???

Could mean that Verdell an Dye are committed to another year. Just speculating though.

This makes me wonder if he "knows" that Verdell or Dye or both are returning, and thus after seeing Cardwell run this last year--he knows he won't see the field much this next year?

Travis Dye.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/11/2022 at 5:44 PM, Charles Fischer said:

This makes me wonder if he "knows" that Verdell or Dye or both are returning, and thus after seeing Cardwell run this last year--he knows he won't see the field much this next year?

Travis Dye.jpg

I was wondering that myself....and Seven McGee was coming on too.

In/out, in/out? Does he think it's the Hokey Pokey?.............

• Haha 3

On 1/11/2022 at 5:37 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

They said he took his name out, then put it back in....I guess we will have to see if he stays in...or is out..

"You put your right foot in; you put your right foot out; you put your right foot in and you shake it all about..."

Sounds like he's not real sure about a decision either way. I'm sure coaches have been talking with him. He may stay yet. I can see wanting to check things out if Dye and/or Verdell are staying. With Cardwell also in the mix, seeing the field may be hard. Yeah, this might be a sign one or both of those guys are staying. Hope he stays. I know the portal is tempting when you're not sure where you are going to fit in yet, but whether this year or next he has the potential to be a star.

Poor guy can’t stay healthy. We will never know how good he could of been. 

Dollars makes no cents

• Haha 5

On 1/12/2022 at 5:06 AM, AllOregon said:

Dollars makes no cents

Too bad it looks like he won't stay a greenback...

• Haha 3

On 1/12/2022 at 2:23 AM, Kurt Rambis said:

Too bad it looks like he won't stay a greenback...

Ill give ya 10 cents to the Dollar.

On 1/11/2022 at 5:33 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

But there IS this news:

That is great news and Speed I believe was a 5 star DB.

On 1/11/2022 at 7:49 PM, OhioDuck said:

Sounds like he's not real sure about a decision either way. I'm sure coaches have been talking with him. He may stay yet. I can see wanting to check things out if Dye and/or Verdell are staying. With Cardwell also in the mix, seeing the field may be hard. Yeah, this might be a sign one or both of those guys are staying. Hope he stays. I know the portal is tempting when you're not sure where you are going to fit in yet, but whether this year or next he has the potential to be a star.

The thing is Dollars is more talented than both Verdell and Dye. He just needs to show it in the Spring if he stays.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did anybody notice that some of the prior coach’s high ranked recruits missed some or all of prior seasons with serious injury?

Seems some don’t make it to the two deep.

• Thumbs Up 1

keep in mind this could change again by morning...

Make up your mind son.

On 1/12/2022 at 9:53 PM, jrw said:

From the Oregonian, "His return brings Oregon back to 83 projected scholarship players in 2022, including five running backs, though the futures of Travis Dye and CJ Verdell are not publicly declared. They’re automatically entered in the upcoming NFL Draft and have until Feb. 4 to opt out if they wish to return to UO for their senior seasons."

Oregon Ducks running back Sean Dollars removing name from transfer portal, returning to UO - oregonlive.com

Huh.  I just hope the Ducks are going to get good return on the Dollars.  And this time, no change.

I'll stop now...

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2022 at 8:46 AM, Kurt Rambis said:

Huh.  I just hope the Ducks are going to get good return on the Dollars.  And this time, no change.

I'll stop now...

Thank you…for stopping. 😆

• Thumbs Up 1

Good news, a healthy Sean Dollars has a lot of potential to be a great player for Oregon!

I expect to see this scenario play out a few times. Any time there is a coaching change, even one we fans like, it leaves players recruited by the old coach a little in limbo. They don't know what plans the new coach has for them, how they fit in. Often with a little re-assuring from the new coach they will be on board. We need to recognize it's a tough time for these young men. 

I'm happy for the ones who take a little time to see what's going to happen, even explore the portal a little and come back, rather than hit the portal and sign with someone else before they give the new coach a chance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Screenshot_20220113-105232.png.b23040b83549362aa8566bc21f96a71b.png

Who knows what's going on in the RB room. 

I'll just wait till September to see who's there. 😄

These guys just want a chance to play. Mario refused to rotate players. 

I'd leave too. 

Hopefully Lanning will reverse that trend 

• Like 1

Think both Dollars and Benson are out, per Oregonian -

"Their departures leave Oregon with four scholarship running backs and 82 scholarship players overall on its roster for 2022, though Travis Dye and CJ Verdell are among the players automatically entered in this year’s NFL Draft and have until Feb. 4 to opt out if they choose to return for their senior seasons. Byron Cardwell Jr. and Seven McGee are entering their sophomore seasons."

On 1/13/2022 at 3:03 PM, DuckFan93 said:

Think both Dollars and Benson are out, per Oregonian -

I prefer Dye and Verdell over Dollars and Benson. 

On 1/13/2022 at 10:00 AM, Duck1984 said:

I just hope the Ducks are going to get good return on the Dollars.

I'm hoping for inflation in 2022 and beyond.

• Haha 1

He's back in the flock