30Duck

It just got Tough for the Buffs

And CU has 2 P5 OOC games including at Minnesota. Karl Dorrell was a strange and on the cheap hire. CU AD George is a smart guy but after Tucker bolted Dorrell 'made sense' because he had a home in Boulder?

It's too bad because CU fans actually give a whip about football and show up for the games.

Feel for the Buffs.  Trying to rebuild and then having a mass exodus is tough.

On 1/13/2022 at 2:41 PM, Jon Joseph said:

And CU has 2 P5 OOC games including at Minnesota. Karl Dorrell was a strange and on the cheap hire. CU AD George is a smart guy but after Tucker bolted Dorrell 'made sense' because he had a home in Boulder?

It is interesting you bring this up... I feel Mullens was faced with similar circumstances when Cristobal bolted for Miami. Someone who the administration was highly invested in and felt they had "their guy" locked in leaves effectively for their "dream school" of sorts.

Colorado went with someone safe with some more local ties and has some head coaching experience.

Oregon took a significant risk hiring someone who didn't have local ties and beyond that didn't have any head coaching experience.

We will just have to wait and see how it all turns out... I think the Ducks chose the better route.

On 1/14/2022 at 12:22 PM, David Marsh said:

It is interesting you bring this up... I feel Mullens was faced with similar circumstances when Cristobal bolted for Miami. Someone who the administration was highly invested in and felt they had "their guy" locked in leaves effectively for their "dream school" of sorts.

Colorado went with someone safe with some more local ties and has some head coaching experience.

Oregon took a significant risk hiring someone who didn't have local ties and beyond that didn't have any head coaching experience.

We will just have to wait and see how it all turns out... I think the Ducks chose the better route.

Great comment. Of course, who knew that Oregon's best RB was about to fly away?

On 1/14/2022 at 11:39 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Of course, who knew that Oregon's best RB was about to fly away?

Biggest difference between the two programs though is that Oregon has some pretty good alternative options. Cardwell has tons of potential and may have actually pushed Dye out of a sure-fire starting spot with a full off-season. Dollars and McGee are both more in the mold of Dye than an every down back anyways so Cardwell is absolutely the future of the program.

Now, I don't want to see Dye go because of how dynamic and passionate of a player he is... but Oregon is in a far better situation than Colorado.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/14/2022 at 11:39 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Great comment. Of course, who knew that Oregon's best RB was about to fly away?

Perhaps this means CJ is returning?

Also, they said Dye is weighing options which include returning or NFL.