Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steven A

Everything HC Dan Lanning Said in First Offseason Press Conference

Recommended Posts

Video 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The 24/7 article was much better, and I learned a little.  You can hear his enthusiasm for the program and the future through the text of the article!

 

Great that he toured the Jacqua Center, and saw Hayward Field, as this is so important in recruiting.

 

Something I forgot, is that often OCs and DCs are looking to get "ANY" head coaching job that comes along.  Sure you could coach at Vanderbilt or WSU, but how hard is it going to be to recruit and build?  Chances are you will be another picture on the wall of "former coaches."

 

Meanwhile he comes to a team that had TEN WINS this last year, and THAT is a nice situation to walk into.  (Especially considering all the upside on both offense and defense!)

 

It is fun to be bubbly and optimistic again!

 

       Let's Go Get Those Dawgs!

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice of him to take questions, but someone please tell the journalists to ask better questions.  

 

All we need to know is that he plans to beat his old team and the rest of the PAC!

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 6:23 PM, Duck1984 said:

Nice of him to take questions, but someone please tell the journalists to ask better questions.  

 

All we need to know is that he plans to beat his old team and the rest of the PAC!

 

They were suck-ups to Cristobal, and now they will be suck-ups to Lanning.

  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how he stated how enthusiastic the team was for him to finish what he started by staying and winning the championship with UGA. 
 

After watching their own coach mail it in towards the end of the season then all together bail on them in a blink, this was a great first step towards building trust.
 

He spoke repeatedly about talk only having meaning through action. I can see how he gets his guys to run through walls for him. 

  • Thumbs Up 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was there I would ask him--"on a scale of 1 to 10 where do you put the Ducks offensive and defensive lines" But, maybe I wouldn't like the answer?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 7:20 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

If I was there I would ask him--"on a scale of 1 to 10 where do you put the Ducks offensive and defensive lines" But, maybe I wouldn't like the answer?

 

Or..."what is the upside, the potential of the trenches?"

 

  We don't want to chase him off!

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see his excitement and appreciation for this opportunity in the video.  Such a welcome change from the previous guy that had an incredible ability to show zero passion or emotion except after the game at Ohio St.  I'll be happy if I never hear another press conference begin with "Obviously we are pleased with..." after a win or "Obviously we are disappointed with...." after a loss.  It always felt like the old coach had 2 scripts, one for winning and one for losing and never really bought into being a Duck.  

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote

 

Guess I am in the minority when I don't care about coach speak things or "gosh I really love it here" stuff.  Just don't be a horrible person and have us play an exciting brand of football.  I don't need a daddy figure to glorify as the best human on earth like so many football fans seem to want in their head coaches.

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

“Dan! The Ducks’ last coach promised an explosive offense but, instead, graced us with one of the least explosive offenses we’ve seen in Eugene in the last 20 years. What can you tell us about your plans for the offense, and do you intend to keep those  promises?”

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2022 at 7:26 AM, cartm25 said:

“Dan! The Ducks’ last coach promised an explosive offense but, instead, graced us with one of the least explosive offenses we’ve seen in Eugene in the last 20 years. What can you tell us about your plans for the offense, and do you intend to keep those  promises?”

 

THAT is the perfect question that I am going to copy and see what I can do with....  🙂 

  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 7:18 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

I love how he stated how enthusiastic the team was for him to finish what he started by staying and winning the championship with UGA. 
 

After watching their own coach mail it in towards the end of the season then all together bail on them in a blink, this was a great first step towards building trust.
 

He spoke repeatedly about talk only having meaning through action. I can see how he gets his guys to run through walls for him. 

This is great to the ear's. Refreshing and the rules are like the Golden Rule if you do them then your enjoying life. I do believe this guy is the real deal. So this team has talent is going to keep on getting more talent close to the 3rd and this team should still be the most talented team in the Pac 12. So we hopefully are on the fast track to a NATTY.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 8:01 PM, Charles Fischer said:

 

Or..."what is the upside, the potential of the trenches?"

 

  We don't want to chase him off!

giphy.gif

I hear ya Charles but that would have allowed for some "sugar coating" or coach speak. I want the real nitty gritty.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 8:01 PM, Charles Fischer said:

We don't want to chase him off!


     Anybody whose ever been on the other side of the fence knows you don’t get much juice from an orange you just stepped on. Like it or not, it’s a relationship between writer and coach that requires trust. While a HC has to be the public face that ooze sunshine from time to time, it’s that trust that gets the real comment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...
Top