30Duck

Ducks Beat the Bruins 84-81 in OT

WOOT!!!

Great win after blowing a 6 point lead with 37 seconds to go. Altman’s teams always get better as the season progresses.

Sure wish we had Jacob Young for another year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fantastic!  I remember driving up to Eugene after the Rose Bowl and getting into town about 2 hours before the UCLA game and getting the last student ticket and getting a seat on the baseline closest to the UCLA bench.  We beat that team that went on to win the title. A good palate cleanser after the debacle that was the Penn State loss in Pasadena.

Great win, Ducks!  It's slowly coming together.  We should have won it in regulation, but we'll take it - 5 more minutes to enjoy this team that seems to like and trust each other a lot more.

That Franck is a wrecking ball, he's going to hurt somebody.  No, literally, he's going to hurt somebody.  After every play that he's involved in, he crashes into the guy with the ball and hits them hard (Bernard, Clark were a few of the casualties yesterday).  Franck's like that one guy on the court in pick up games that doesn't really know how to play yet, but he's big and strong and tries real hard, almost too hard.  I just hope that there's no friendly fire injuries at some point.

Dare we dream of a sweep in L.A. this weekend?  Would love to dash the Trojans' wet dreams.  Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/14/2022 at 6:44 AM, Graziani93 said:

Dare we dream of a sweep in L.A. this weekend?  Would love to dash the Trojans' wet dreams.  Go Ducks!

Dreams A sweep of the Bruins and Trojans, No.3 and No.5, on the road? Why not. The win over the Bruins makes it 5 of the las 6, the one L to then No.1 Baylor. The Ducks are now 10-6. That L to ASU, 69=67 in OT is still bad, but the 3 point loss to Stanford isn't quite as bad now, with Stanford giving USC their first loss last week.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/13/2022 at 9:32 PM, 30Duck said:

Thank you and we love Dana as he's the best Basketball coach ever at Oregon. It always usually starts right around this time when the Ducks start to rumble. Better late than never and it usually always ends up being fun. Go Ducks and congrat's Coach A for some real awesome basketball over the years. They are always there because they win a lot of games every year. Doesn't matter the slow start. I was wondering when were these guys gonna click and yes big upset, so can they beat SC? Yahooo.

• Thumbs Up 1

The 1976 team returned to Eugene Sunday morning to be met by a large cheering crowd and members of the pep band playing Mighty Oregon.  I should add Oregon broke the UCLA 98 game home winning streak with the victory.

• Like 1

What I found most impressive is that our Ducks didn't fold in overtime after letting UCLA tie the game at the end of regulation.

COME ON! DANA SHOULD BE IN THE NCAA BASKETBALL COACHES HALL OF FAME! (Yes, I was shouting)

Edited by ICamel
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/14/2022 at 10:59 AM, 30Duck said:

Dreams A sweep of the Bruins and Trojans, No.3 and No.5, on the road? Why not. The win over the Bruins makes it 5 of the las 6, the one L to then No.1 Baylor. The Ducks are now 10-6. That L to ASU, 69=67 in OT is still bad, but the 3 point loss to Stanford isn't quite as bad now, with Stanford giving USC their first loss last week.

Thanks, 30Duck.  Just realized your link to "Dreams" was the Fleetwood Mac song.  Reading this comments trail with that song playing was NICE!  I foresee good things happening tonight against SC.  We owe them one anyway.

Dana's coaching and developing a team is like clockwork. He has them on a winning streak, and coming together as a team as the season enters the new year. 

The only thing we don't know is how good they will turn out to be as the season progresses. I wouldn't count this team out from making a decent run. With their bigs it could be an interesting one.

I do remember watching Jordan Kent play basketball and wondering what he could do on the football field, he was just too fast for the court, with good hands.

Watching Franck Kepnang and the way he likes contact makes me wonder how he would be as a Tight End. At the goal line or on 3rd down the guy would be unstoppable at 6" 11'. A little out of the box thinking, but basketball players have done very well as tight ends in the past. How about a Dana to Dan assist?

It would show Oregon is willing to have athletes play two sports and support that endeavor. JTT at tosu seems to have backed off that idea.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:44 AM, Haywarduck said:

Dana's coaching and developing a team is like clockwork. He has them on a winning streak, and coming together as a team as the season enters the new year. 

The only thing we don't know is how good they will turn out to be as the season progresses. I wouldn't count this team out from making a decent run. With their bigs it could be an interesting one.

I do remember watching Jordan Kent play basketball and wondering what he could do on the football field, he was just too fast for the court, with good hands.

Watching Franck Kepnang and the way he likes contact makes me wonder how he would be as a Tight End. At the goal line or on 3rd down the guy would be unstoppable at 6" 11'. A little out of the box thinking, but basketball players have done very well as tight ends in the past. How about a Dana to Dan assist?

It would show Oregon is willing to have athletes play two sports and support that endeavor. JTT at tosu seems to have backed off that idea.

I like your outside the box thinking.  Franck would be interesting as a tight end, but what about as a defensive end (along the lines of Thibodeaux or Armstrong).  Then, he could really hurt somebody and it would be legal.  You know, now that you mention it, I don't think Franck's been playing basketball that long, why not try some football?  If this really happens, Haywarduck gets all the credit!

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2022 at 8:08 AM, Graziani93 said:

I like your outside the box thinking.  Franck would be interesting as a tight end, but what about as a defensive end (along the lines of Thibodeaux or Armstrong).  Then, he could really hurt somebody and it would be legal.  You know, now that you mention it, I don't think Franck's been playing basketball that long, why not try some football?  If this really happens, Haywarduck gets all the credit!

The only problem is his passion for blocking shots is illegal in the NFL. A player can't jump up and block a field goal barely making it over the goal post, little known fact for the day.