30Duck

Mario has A Plan

The last football season didn't end the way anybody wanted it to, certainly not head coach, Mario Cristobal. But good things come to those who wait, and it's not going to take much longer.

2020.11.21.EMG.DLY.FBB.UO.VS.UCLA1-1.jpg

• Like 1

I hope his plan is one that works.  So far, in return for the $4 million a year contract, zero third down conversions on the National stage of the Fiesta Bowl.  Not a a good rate of return, not a good recruiting tool....in my book.   Looking forward, with anticipation and hopefulness, for a swift and steep upturn in the current offensive trend, starting with the very next season.  

I think if the program was on a teeter totter we would have barely fell to the side of a winning season this year. We could have very easily fallen to the losing side, and there would be more questions about the program.

The question going forward is which side of the teeter totter will we fall going forward. The recruiting has most convinced we will continue the accent to the elite status. I know I am extremely excited to watch the massive infusion of talent on the program.

The biggest question is how is Oregon going to stop the teeter totter from falling to the weaker side, when it really shouldn't? For those too young to know what a teeter totter is, it was a piece of equipment deemed too dangerous for most playgrounds. It does give one a pretty good lesson in physics, but the world is more than just physics, especially the football world.

Unknown-3.jpeg.596856c9e14ac92abd9ad44c39e93ce4.jpeg

Edited by Haywarduck

As long as the Ducks can stay off the slide, they'll be okay:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Interesting why he would leave AL for OR for the same position coach? Did he know something we didn't know?

Back on topic, I think MC has the program headed in the right direction. I tossed this last year in the dumpster because of Covid. The whole P12 should too.

Can't wait for this season to get underway in Sept. 

However I don't see a return to the CFP in the near future. Especially for this season. Oregon would have to run the table to get in. When you start the season unranked or near the bottom it's very hard to make it to the top four. 

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, GODUCKS15 said:

Interesting why he would leave AL for OR for the same position coach? Did he know something we didn't know?

You do raise an interesting question. 

As a side-note, the student writer for this article began his writing as a sportswriter at FishDuck, and under the help of our editors improved to where he would beat out hundreds of applicants at the Emerald...

I am proud to see how we help so many with their career, and am quite happy to see them flourish.

Mr. FishDuck