Charles Fischer

This Sucks: Logan Sagapolu Enters the Portal

This is a blow because he was a future O-Lineman star in my mind, and perhaps he could see he may not play a lot this year, and thus is leaving?  Or doesn't mesh with Klemm?  Or perhaps the style of offensive lineman doesn't match-up with the new offense?  Who knows?  

Oregon Ducks Reserve Offensive Lineman Logan Sagapolu Enters Transfer Portal by James Crepea of OregonLive

I see it and it Drives Me Crazy...

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

Didn't play a snap in two years!!!

I think alot of these guys are just tired of sitting want to play.

MC refused to play any nonstarters 

On 1/18/2022 at 1:20 PM, shawnski said:

Didn't play a snap in two years!!!

One year in reality... he was on a LDS mission one year and he joined the team this last year. I think he was a bit injured as well.

I think he ends up at a Utah school to be closer to home. Oregon is undergoing a culture shift right now and he might not mesh with the new culture.

Or he could be the first to join Cristobal in Miami...

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/18/2022 at 1:28 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Or he could be the first to join Cristobal in Miami...

Possible... but I doubt it... so far Oregon is turning into an Auburn and FSU pipeline .. 3 to Auburn and 2 to FSU.

Still 0 to Miami.

• Thumbs Up 2

A guy who is 3 years past high school and has freshman eligibility, not too bad. I would imagine our new O-line coach has had, or will have a pretty good conversation with Logan.

A 20+ year old freshman is either a bust, or somebody you want to keep in the program! The O-line is a critical component of any team and I hope we can continue the strength at this position.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 1:31 PM, David Marsh said:

Still 0 to Miami.

Hmmmmmmmm.....

Grin and bear it? Ignore it? Or realize how fouled up CFB is today? Leave the SEC alone like its the plague that it is, and leave the plague that is the BCS x 2. 

Join with academically sympatico conferences and put the brakes on this 'stuff.'

Oregon is like a prime fishing hole right now. Everybody is showing up to poach their limits. The entire coaching staff turned over in roughly 30 days which means recruits and players don’t have real relationships with anybody. I’m sure several more will follow.

I have a different take on this, perhaps the new coaches are studying film of players on the roster and having talks with each one to know their viewed potential. 

Two years in the system and zero game time? Perhaps he was encouraged to look elsewhere. Or, with most of the O-line starters returning, too many bodies in front of him.

I know we need some room for the scholarships the new coaches want to offer.

I'm interested in the big bodied Hawaiian kid and the WR Lowe from Lake Oswego.  Both are "under-the-radar" 3* that current staff seem to like. Can't wait to see how their analysis turns out.

Lastly, we replaced 2 defensive starters that transferred to Auburn with potential starters from the portal. It appears the coaches have made Jahil Florence feel the love and probably stay a Duck. The coaches seem to have things well in hand, I'm gonna relax about any more player moves.

If Dye goes, it will be sad to say bye.

But I'm sure he is doing what he thinks is best for his future. He has given so much to us, ge will always be one of our own.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/19/2022 at 5:17 AM, DanLduck said:

I have a different take on this, perhaps the new coaches are studying film of players on the roster and having talks with each one to know their viewed potential. 

Two years in the system and zero game time? Perhaps he was encouraged to look elsewhere. Or, with most of the O-line starters returning, too many bodies in front of him.

I know we need some room for the scholarships the new coaches want to offer.

I'm interested in the big bodied Hawaiian kid and the WR Lowe from Lake Oswego.  Both are "under-the-radar" 3* that current staff seem to like. Can't wait to see how their analysis turns out.

Lastly, we replaced 2 defensive starters that transferred to Auburn with potential starters from the portal. It appears the coaches have made Jahil Florence feel the love and probably stay a Duck. The coaches seem to have things well in hand, I'm gonna relax about any more player moves.

If Dye goes, it will be sad to say bye.

But I'm sure he is doing what he thinks is best for his future. He has given so much to us, ge will always be one of our own.

Have a bad feeling we're not gunna find a running back better than Travis Dye this year even if Verdell does come back 100%, hope I'm wrong.  Not easy to find a grinder that gets 2-3+  yards per run more than the amount of blocking provided, like a Ruben Droughns or LaMichael James.  First downs win games.