30Duck

Arizona WBB Coach Reprimanded by Pac-12

This would be a different issue than what happened during and after the game between teams and coaches.

This is a pretty cut and dry don't criticize refs or pay a fine sort of deal. It is also why Pac-12 coaches across the board dance around reffing issues rather than out right saying it when things are bad.

Hmmm, Oregon had 14 fouls - Arizona had 12. Oregon had 12 turnovers - Arizona had 19. 

Oops, my mistake. Those numbers I posted are from the Connecticut game. Mia culpa. 

Oregon 15 fouls and 14 turnovers - Arizona 23 fouls and 16 turnovers. Giving the finger to the losing coach (Connecticut last year) and the winning coach (Oregon this year) - classless.

On 1/18/2022 at 3:26 PM, ArkieDuck said:

Giving the finger to the losing coach (Connecticut last year) and the winning coach (Oregon this year) - classless.

We don't know what Graves may have said, but it certainly seemed out of character, meanwhile Barnes?

On 1/18/2022 at 3:26 PM, ArkieDuck said:

Giving the finger to the losing coach (Connecticut last year) and the winning coach (Oregon this year) - classless.

To be fair...nobody gives the finger for no reason.  What was said?

Mr. FishDuck

She has a history of flipping off other coaches as she did last year versus UCONN. She alleges Graves called her names during the game. Graves has been a Head Coach since 1997 and I have never heard anything remotely alleging he has cursing issues with the opposing coach. She appears to be a hot head when her team collapse's. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Badmotherduck!  Great to see you post for the first time, and do share your thoughts often.  WELCOME!

On 1/18/2022 at 5:45 PM, Badmotherduck said:

She has a history of flipping off other coaches as she did last year versus UCONN. She alleges Graves called her names during the game. Graves has been a Head Coach since 1997 and I have never heard anything remotely alleging he has cursing issues with the opposing coach. She appears to be a hot head when her team collapse's. 

This could be where she yelled stuff at Graves concerning fouls, and he told her to "fly-a-Kite" and that prompted a finger?  Who knows, but it is fun to ponder...

Mr. FishDuck

Interesting clip from an Arizona TV station.  I assume MKA was fairly loud towards the end of the game so Graves must have been screaming his obscenities since there is quite a distance between them when she flips him off.

Short clip, the finger is given at the one minute mark.

Can't we just get along?

Whoa.  That clip certainly adds gasoline to the fire....  

Mr. FishDuck

I must be missing something, but when I look at the physical distance separating the two benches, and the fact that placed between them are two media tables with scoring and time keeping officials between the two tables, Barnes must have some ears to be hearing a constant cussing coming from Kelly amid all that fan noise!

Also, if he was going off as she insists, don’t you think at least one of the officials (who are closer to him) would have heard, and reported the outbursts to the floor officials triggering a warning and possible TF?

I must be missing something.

• Thumbs Up 1

WW...you make a great point.  It seems that a number of people could confirm the story of the Arizona coach and player.

Mr. FishDuck