Charles Fischer

Verdell Has to Decide in Just TWO WEEKS...

In two weeks and two days, (February 4th) the deadline for Verdell to decide between staying and going looms.  The good news is that we fans will know soon enough instead of twisting in the wind, but the coaches wish they could know for recruiting purposes, I'm sure.

Staying or Going? How CJ Verdell's NFL Decision Holds Massive Weight for Oregon RB Depth by Zachary Neel of Ducks Digest

USATSI_16730266.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Mr. FishDuck

I'd be glad to be wrong but I don't see CJ having a future in the NFL, but based on his injury history and history of just running into the d line I think an injury free year under a new offense could help his case... or make it even worse if he's sidelined for the younger guys...

I'd guess whether he can participate in the combine, or at least PRO Day workouts, will play a (significant) roll.

If injury prevents those workouts, I think getting drafted becomes (extra) risky for NFL teams. If he is going to be an UFA, coming back make sense because with a strong year, I think he is a draftable player.

Have not seen any updates on his injury, or if he stays, if he is expected for spring? Certainly a guy who can easily sit out spring, but with a new install coming on offense, it would certainly be a plus.

"Massive weight?" IMO, this is way over the top. A terrific competitor but stay or go it will not make or break the Ducks run game.