30Duck

What if Travis Dye Transfers to USC or even...

Last night on "Talkin Ducks, Dye was brought up and Aaron Fentress suggested that Dye might find a spot at USC, and then one of the others, can't say who, thought that maybe Oregon State is a possibility.

How would that work out? Could we wish the best for him, but not the team? Oregon and USC aren't on the schedule, but the last game of the season, at Reser?

No offense to anyone and what people think of, Dye. I loved Troy and just as equally Travis because you know what your going to get from him and that's a guy who will give you 110% every play and I will always respect him and what he did. Now you noticed I said what he did and that's because we need speed at this position and him and CJ do not have anything comparable to what James, Barner, Tyner, Stewart, you name it those guys were TDs waiting to happen if the big holes that usually showed up in the old offense.

Honestly I will be stoked if both are gone because both have already been here long enough. Its time for the guys that have the speed and moves to get behind the LOS. In order for this Dillingham offense to put up I'm hoping 40 + points a game we need guys that can take it to the house. If Football is going the way it is now then by all means we need the best of the best at each position. Running back is no differen't. Could you imagine any of those backs in this offense?  

If Travis leaves, he must have a great reason. Both Dye brothers have played their hearts out for us. They are huge fan favorites. For me, wherever he goes, and I hope he stays, I will wish him the best season ever...until he plays against us.

TD has earned the opportunity to be the starting, full time back. He might think that his best shot is elsewhere. If he wants to add to his resume for NFL, he needs a place where he can get as many touches as possible. 

I hope Oregon faithful will not diss him if he goes elsewhere. He has been an awesome Duck. He will always be one of our favorites. 

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Maybe Dye wants to show what he does best which is get tough yards on a predictable offense. Oregon plans to open it up with a spread offense with an actual passing attack this year making his tough yardage runs less necessary.

The more I think about it, and what was said on the show last night, and what has been posted here, I think Dye's best move is to try for the NFL. Last season is the best I think he'd be able to show the NFL. He wouldn't be the featured back here next season, primarily because of a new offense, and I doubt he'd match his production last season at a new school.  So good luck, Travis whatever you decide. 

Naw.  I think he knows he is not NFL material and is throwing NIL bait out there to see what he can get for his final college year.  And use it as leverage with Oregon, of which I would not be offended by considering all he has done.

I think Jonathan Smith could really use him well, but that would sting....

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/19/2022 at 4:10 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Naw.  I think he knows he is not NFL material and is throwing NIL bait out there to see what he can get for his final college year.  And use it as leverage with Oregon, of which I would not be offended by considering all he has done.

Exactly this... he doesn't have the body type to make it in the NFL, at least not make it for long. He needs to get paid for his football ability now and I can't blame him for that.

Granted... if he does transfer I would like him out of the Pac-12 footprint so I don't have to feel torn when playing him, but I doubt that will happen.

best of luck to him, don’t care where he goes -unless he’s playing against the ducks. Then I hope the ducks stomp him into a mud puddle. 

It is what it is. A B's out baller but far from a game changer versus top competition. A late round NFL pick at best. "Always says Dye!' I think he is going for the NIL dinero and hope he scores. But a top drawer NFL RB if he gets open in a league where it is hard to get open cannot be consistently caught from behind like he was in the Pac-12. Down field with the speed in the NFL, of course, expect to be caught. But Dye was too often tackled by guys he had already run by. He goes to SC or anywhere else in-conference, Oregon will know how to defend against him. I wish the guy nothing but the best.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 2

If Travis leaves, I will be pissed.  If he leaves to another Pac-12 school, I will not wish him well.  Sorry, that's me.

Sounds like Fentress is just trying to get "clicks". But who knows. It's all about the Benjamin's now. Our loyalty to a specific player ended when they started getting paid. Its not about playing for a school or fan base anymore, it's about the cheese.

• Thumbs Up 4

I don't understand why it can't and won't be both.

Guest willville

Dye has one year left. If he stays in the Pac 12 my sense is USC. They don’t play the Ducks this upcoming year. Dye is good but he is not a difference maker. Right now everyone seems to be caught up in the Dye moment. Take the emotion out of it. The RB’s will be fine with or without Dye. 

Go Ducks!

I would like to push back on the notion that everything now is "all about the benjamins".

Money is not the only thing of importance in life to a lot of people, maybe even most people, IMHO.

Besides, there will be only so much NIL money in the world, and only many schools that will have it. Oregon is likely to be one.

Not every D1 player can fit on the roster of those rich schools. So, those other players are going to have to go somewhere.

The rich schools will still be the rich schools, and the others will still have to rely on education, geography, loyalty, and charismatic coaches.

I think the landscape may look much the same as it does now, just with higher price tags.

Right now, it's the wild west, but some sort of order is going to come out of this in a year or two. Or, the game may be done.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/19/2022 at 7:12 PM, jrw said:

I would like to push back on the notion that everything now is "all about the benjamins".

Money is not the only thing of importance in life to a lot of people, maybe even most people, IMHO.

Besides, there will be only so much NIL money in the world, and only many schools that will have it. Oregon is likely to be one.

Not every D1 player can fit on the roster of those rich schools. So, those other players are going to have to go somewhere.

The rich schools will still be the rich schools, and the others will still have to rely on education, geography, loyalty, and charismatic coaches.

I think the landscape may look much the same as it does now, just with higher price tags.

Right now, it's the wild west, but some sort of order is going to come out of this in a year or two. Or, the game may be done.

Money to a 20 yo kid who has never had it has different inportance than a middle age person who has spent a lifetime accumulating it. 

Edited by Log Haulin

I appreciate what he has done for the Oregon Football Program so far. Whatever his choice, it won't take anything away from the past. We all have to make touch choices, which benefit ourselves most, good for him. I hope it works out for him in the end. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I have been eating popcorn and thoroughly enjoying the chat on this page, and never intended to enter the fray. But now, I must come to the defence of Travis Dye.

From my perspective, he does not deserve the negative comments he's received since he entered the transfer portal, having given his heart and soul and BLOOD to the Ducks football program. He is a never say Dye (see what I did there?) Running Back, who ALWAYS left everything he had on the field.  He played with an unmistakable love for The University of Oregon.

To those of you who doubt his potential as a NFL player, just you watch... the man has the heart of a Warrior.  Underestimate him at your own peril.

I am shocked that some of Travis's critics are willing to give "Sweet Mouth" Mario Cristobal a free ride out of the program. In my humble opinion, Mario made a disgraceful exit... watch carefully his drunken lies to the press when he was asked whether the rumours about him considering an offer from the University of Miami were true.  No wonder the Ducks played without any spirit in the PAC 12 championships, their leader's mind was in/on Miami. Then, he just abruptly left. GIVE ME A BREAK. Let Sweet Mouth Mario take his place next to Slick Willie on the list of Head Coaches who lied to their teams on their way out the door. SHAMEFUL!!!

I am hoping that Travis will return to the Ducks or enter the NFL draft, because it would break HIS heart to play for another college program. Come on, even Stevie Wonder can see that what I am writing about Travis Dye is the absolute truth.

Let's GO DUCKS!!!

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry Sideburns I have to respectfully disagree. I don't remember MC lying to us when asked. He said he hadn't been in contact with them.

What would we expect from him in that situation. It's a lose/lose question. If he tells the truth half the people hate him if he says he's not half the people hate him.

And let's not forget no other coaches that I'm aware of handle it any different when the team is still in the regular season. That's just a rule that's followed.

I for one don't feel he made that decision and a tortuous one at that, until that Monday morning. Go back and look at the pics he didn't look like he had slept for several days.

IMHO no matter if you didn't like his coaching scheme or performance on the field, I believe we have to see he did give his best for the Ducks and his players from the time he got the job until he left for his alma mater.

Did Mario tell the whole truth?  Nope.  

Saying that he hadn’t been in contact with the administration or AD may have been technically accurate, but an honest person knows that an agent talking to boosters as an agent on behalf of the AD is considered “in contact.”  I don’t give him a pass.

Travis Dye can play wherever he wants next year and will still be in my Duck hall of honor.  Give that man his money if you want a warrior on your team.

• Thumbs Up 1

1984 don't u agree any coaches never say anything different during the regular season.

And I hope Mr. Dye stays on for the ride.

620z5f.jpg

Duck 1972,

Did you actually see the video I'm referring to, where Mario goes into the Guinness Book of World Records for SQUIRMING answers to simple questions about whether he was entertaining offers from the University of Miami.  Watch his body language and tell me that's what a TRUTHFUL man looks like.

When asked if he thought all the rumors around his potential leaving affected the team, his answer shows that his mind was elsewhere.

He DID advance the Oregon program as Head Coach, but his exit was lousy.

Duck 1972,

Didn't incoming Head Coach Lanning do it differently?

I believe it was after the regular season (including the SEC championship) before we knew he was coming.

I concede that point to you.

• Thanks 1

Also thanks for your imput to OBD( Our Beloved Ducks) forum. Please keep posting.

Thanks for allowing me to express my opinion.

• Thanks 1