30Duck

Hey Riley, Where's the Beef?

Somewhere,  a dozen dbs are being force fed the calories to beef up the lines...

• Haha 1

USC has speed, but they will be hard pressed to win the south with what Riley has right now.

The Ducks will definitely need to put a Capital O back into the offense. With our veteran O line I would be pretty stoked if I were a QB, RB, or receiver. If we get a QB that reads defenses and can throw adequately beyond 3 yards…sigh

Our current OL would get NFL attention with an offense that puts up points. That will get the attention of OL recruits for the Ducks. Lanning could tip the scales of recruiting in the Ducks favor with a solid team effort this season. 

Have to say the potential for Lanning, and the staff he has gathered, is kind of exciting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Trojan’s new defensive philosophy? — bend, but don’t breeeeaaa - oops!

On 1/20/2022 at 9:53 AM, Drake said:

The Ducks will definitely need to put a Capital O back into the offense. With our veteran O line I would be pretty stoked

I am really looking forward to seeing what Klemm can do with this Offensive Line... I have been sitting and hoping the last few years that the offensive line just needed more time to come together but in truth I have been grossly disappointed with it under Cristobal. I always felt it should have been more dominant and able to impose its will on others better than they actually did. There were moments and even games where the line looked good but it never consistently looked good.

I mean Oregon's line was manhandled by Arizona last year pretty badly. Then never mind the Utah games.

• Thumbs Up 1

JT Daniels is in the portal. UGA QB Bennett has announced that he is returning to UGA. JT never lost a game at started for Georgia. Caleb Williams goes elsewhere and it might make sense for JT to return to USC. The DL for SC is a problem but the OL under Riley does not have to be behemoth. Riley does not 'road grade.' He spreads teams out and uses brush blocking on the OL far more than punch you in the mouth. To be successful, Riley's O depends on outstanding QB play. The DL is problematic but with the WRs coming in he gets Daniels or Dart to return or gets Williams and it could be tough to win shoot out games vs SC.

I think Riley realizes this so he's been courting Josh Connerly hard.  I hope Klemm has made him a priority, 5* OL guys don't pop up often in the PNW.

If you can dominate the lines your chance of winning goes way up in CFB and the pros.

As far as our OL none of them were highly recruited. Their performance, I agree wasn't consistent.

They had no playing experience in the first year, then in the 2nd didn't develop any continuity because of constant changes. There were 11 different lineups that started.

On 1/20/2022 at 12:10 PM, 30Duck said:

30 thanks for another great post but who in the hay is Matt Prehm?  What is his back ground and his bona fides? The man has lots of unnuanced opinions but does he put his money where his mouth is? Does he wager on games based on his insights?

On 1/20/2022 at 11:46 AM, Jon Joseph said:

30 thanks for another great post but who in the hay is Matt Prehm?  What is his back ground and his bona fides? The man has lots of unnuanced opinions but does he put his money where his mouth is? Does he wager on games based on his insights?

Matt Prehm is a writer for 247Sports that focuses on Oregon.

• Thumbs Up 1

He's the top guy for 247 Sports in Oregon. Don't know about any of the other stuff Jon. I listen to him on their free podcast. Sounds knowledgeable to me anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Prehm is the manager and primarily reporter/writer for 247, and has been doing this for years.  I have much more, but cannot disclose in public!  Let's just say that he has rules on their site--unless it pertains to FishDuck...then you have free reign to write anything.

But he is very knowledgeable and has connections for his pay site.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck