BREAKING: Travis Dye Commits to USC !!!

Ouch Don't understand.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Unless it's NIL.

• Thanks 1

Wow. Who woulda thought? Ouch. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the enemy become the enemy. Hope the Ducks get to shut him down in a championship game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/21/2022 at 12:50 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Unless it's NIL.

It's NIL

but this still hurts. I really hope USC loses the Pac-12 South now so we don't have to face Dye. I think Oregon would beat him I just don't want to see Dye play against us.

• Thumbs Up 3

Isn't he from that area? Maybe that has something to do with it. I wish him luck, unless/except if the Ducks plays usc.

• Thumbs Up 2

Seeing Tyner play against us as a beaver was like watching a cousin playing against us. Watching Dye as a trojan play against us will be like watching a son. I accept it, but don't like it, and I still love the guy!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 3

As I said, all about the Benjamin's.  Loyalty is gone. I will root for Oregon players and school. Dye choose his path and I wish him well. It won't matter to me if it goes well for him or not at the end of the day. Dye is a Trojan. Go Ducks! 

I hope this gives fuel the fire inside the current players.  This is more than a gut-punch...  No more pictures of him in the background of this forum!

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

College players can be free agents now and if coaches can get up and leave players should also be able too. Plus he's from SoCal and is probably sick of the cruddy weather we have up here. When your young, you look for opportunities, cant blame the guy, how many coordinators and coaches did he play for?

• Thumbs Up 2

I treat it like a guy going to the NFL. If he doesn’t play for my favorite team he’s non-existent. I cheer for my team, but not really against any individual player on the other team. I appreciate what Herbert did for Oregon, but when he lines up against the Cowboys I hope his team loses. I’ll look at Dye the same way.

• Thumbs Up 3

This will move USC now ranked No. 3 by 247 Sports in its 2022 CFB Transfer Rankings, up the ladder.

USC had 10 transfer commits before Dye decided to go to LA. (Other Pac-12 programs in the top 50 of this ranking + no. of commits: 10. AZ - 7; 13. UCLA - 5; 23. ASU - 8; 29. WA ST - 4; 40. Oregon - 3; 43. CAL - 3; 50 Utah - 3.

Dye goes home and likely gets a big NIL check? And likely may be recruiting other Ducks to portal south and get paid?

On 1/21/2022 at 3:41 PM, cartm25 said:

A sleeping giant 'with a terrible resolve' has awakened.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

Phil will! 

Just watch......

Guest willville

As I said he is not a difference maker. Good player, yes! A stud, no!  Take the emotion out of it. If we play him I hope we pound the hell out of him and his SoCal pals. 

Enough with being nice!  He left, see ya!

Go Ducks

If Verdell doesn't return, there's not a big crowd in the running back room.

I'm Ok with it.  Great kid, good RB.  But I guess he took the between 3rd and 4th quarter song to heart ..... a little bit lower now!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I did think of a couple more things. I seem to like it when we got Nix, the DL from UW and Gonzalez from COL this year so far and numerous in other years so to be consistent I can't fault them when they leave.

Also this shows what it would have looked like, if the portal was here before. If head coaches left, the kids couldn't do anything about it and had to stay with a head coach who they never had a relationship with, which I posit is just as important as the school. 

He's a graduate senior so if he wants to go home or make more money who am I to fault him. In fact I believe that that's the way it was for numerous years and didn't have a problem with that. Until they changed it to everyone. It hurts but will be ok.

He was a great player for the Ducks for 4yrs. It's just like if he'd turned pro. In fact he did.

• Thumbs Up 2

Will always consider Dye a Duck.  He played hard for four years and got his degree.

As I don’t see an NFL career in his future, I respect his decision to play his final year of football in front of family and friends.

I don’t expect he’ll play his former team as Utah will likely win the South.

• Thumbs Up 3

Travis Dye, Once a Duck

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/21/2022 at 1:53 PM, Steven A said:

Travis's instragram post.

Travis Dye announces transfer to USC (247sports.com)

Good for Dye. He put in four years of excellence on the field for UO and now he's ready to go home and start family life.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/21/2022 at 1:53 PM, Steven A said:

Travis's instragram post.

Travis Dye announces transfer to USC (247sports.com)

It was a nice post, and what he said at the end didn't surprise me--that he recently became engaged and he and his fiancee are ready to start their life in California, he's going back home.

• Thumbs Up 3

Beyond disappointed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Dye will always be a duck to me.  A man has to do what is best for his family and he is doing it.  May he kick butt unless he plays Oregon!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/21/2022 at 2:05 PM, Annie said:

he recently became engaged and he and his fiancee are ready to start their life in California, he's going back home.

I can appreciate that this was at least part of the reason.  I sense it wasn’t the only reason.   This one hurts from what he and his brother brought as legacies of toughness and desire.   That said, I am now stoked to see more speed.  Must be why Dollars and Seven were convinced to stay by Lanning & Dilly  in terms of that type of RB role in their offense.

I am not convinced that Verdell is going to play…

Boy, I sure hope the coaches know what they are doing, letting him get away.  I would have started Dye over Verdell.  I trust the defensive coaching staff more than the offensive side.

On 1/21/2022 at 4:48 PM, Steven A said:

I'm Ok with it.  Great kid, good RB.  But I guess he took the between 3rd and 4th quarter song to heart ..... a little bit lower now!

Or, a little bit higher when it comes to $?

I don't know if there was anything the coaches could do on this 1. 

As he said in his post it the hardest decision in his life and I believe him. 

• Thumbs Up 2

He says he is going home, he should know he has two homes now. Oregon will always be his second home.

I would also say he is going to work for the trojans. He went to college and graduated from Oregon, he is now moving on to make a life with his wife. Something many of us did.

Thank you and best of luck with the next chapters in your life.

• Thumbs Up 3

I won't begrudge the life choices of a young man in his twenties.  He gave every ounce while he was here, I wish him well (except of course if he plays the Ducks).

• Thumbs Up 2

Hasn't he said he wants to get into broadcasting after his playing days? Maybe that was part of draw to Los Angeles in addition to wanting to start his family in CA.

Hope we have some major recruiting news soon I am tired of all the incoming texts from my SC friend. "Riley this and Riley that .... blah, blah, blah." I do admit (on here only not to my friend) he is off to an impressive start and see he already has three 5 stars for 2023.

Hopefully Riley doesn't land some stud OL and DL players because that is the only thing left to poke holes in!

Go Travis!  Go Travis! Just Go Travis, you traitor.

On 1/21/2022 at 3:09 PM, noDucknewby said:

I won't begrudge the life choices of a young man in his twenties.  He gave every ounce while he was here, I wish him well (except of course if he plays the Ducks).

I hope he has a career day against the Ducks. The guy deserves to go out with a great performance. I would love to see a duck break into the trojan single season top ten rushing records, wouldn't that be a hoot!

I will agree the rest of the trojans can rot in, well you get the idea. 

I guess we can RIP a "Dye award", unless it is half a lifetime type award, Troy v Travis.

Now that the DYE is cast,  I wish him the best. USC is getting a good man.

Travis, remember in the days ahead, "The HEART of a Warrior is NOT FOR SALE"!!!

Let's go, DUCKS!!!

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 3:16 PM, Haywarduck said:

I would love to see a duck break into the trojan single season top ten rushing records,

I'm fine with a couple of Legendary Trojans Coaches being Ducks, no need to be greedy, and Kenjon is in the records for most yards against USC. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 3:19 PM, Steven A said:

I guess we can RIP a "Dye award", unless it is half a lifetime type award, Troy v Travis.

Your right, saves me the time leading up the award committee. Love what the family did for Oregon, but playing for the trojans takes them out of the running for an award with their name on it.

• Like 1

Couple of questions come to mind:

1. Was SC that depleted of running backs that they had a wide open door for Dye and Jones from Stanford?

2. Is SC and Riley a hotter commodity than Lanning and Oregon?

• Thumbs Up 3

I think Riley is hotter than Lanning right now as he didn't have to worry about winning a NC and could get right to work. Lanning is going to catch up and do a great job for Ducks. I see USC and the Ducks battling it out in the near future for P12 supremacy. Going to be fun!

• Thumbs Up 2

Unfortunately, this might be the "Canary-in-the-Coal-Mine" that Oregon got outbid in NIL, and that doesn't sound right...does it?

I appreciate what he did for us, but he is a treasonous enemy now.  

Travis....you will find that running behind the USC offensive line is..."where great backs go to DYE."

Stout Defense_John McGillen USC Athletics.jpg

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

I had the feeling Dye was looking for a place to be RB1 or at least take the majority of the starting reps. This seems like a lateral move at best. He will be in no different situation at SC than he was at Oregon.

I doubt Riley will want to see him carrying the ball more often than Keontay Ingram or Austin Jones. Ingram seems like a typical Lincoln Riley-type running back. I could even see Ingram becoming a bell-cow, nearly every-down, back.

This has to be about money that he has a chance to make NOW, that he knows he probably will not make post-college. IDK...

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 4:26 PM, Babyjesus615 said:

I had the feeling Dye was looking for a place to be RB1

I agree with that feeling, and it points to Verdell returning.  But he would have had better run blocking at Oregon!

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Whaaa’?!   Makes NO sense, whatsoever!  There’s gotta be more to the reason for this ridiculous move than we know.  All guesses in this thread are mere speculation.  Dye had earned the No. 1, or co-No. 1 lead back position next year.   No sense in starting over with another team…..and a rival, at that…..who has multiple other, bigger, faster backs who can also claim No. 1 status.   
To give up what he had here,……..I dunno……is it money?  Is it “the honey”?  Does it mean he knows somebody else is coming in who would take his slot away?   Maybe we’ll find out one of these days.

Good Luck to Travis, though(except when he plays the Ducks)!

• Like 1

Once a Duck, always a Duck.  He gave his best for four years, recently engaged to his girlfriend back home.  Thanks for all you did for Oregon, the Dye family will be remembered.  But should Oregon and USC meet, I will be cheering on the Ducks.  Best Wishes moving forward.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 1:38 PM, jrw said:

If Verdell doesn't return, there's not a big crowd in the running back room.

Yet. Trust the new coaching staff. We will be better than good.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/21/2022 at 3:09 PM, Haywarduck said:

.... He went to college and graduated from Oregon, he is now moving on to make a life with his wife. Something many of us did.

Yep, he'll always be an Oregon alum.

• Thumbs Up 4