cartm25

BREAKING: Travis Dye Commits to USC !!!

On 1/21/2022 at 6:19 PM, Sideburns said:

Now that the DYE is cast,  I wish him the best. USC is getting a good man.

Travis, remember in the days ahead, "The HEART of a Warrior is NOT FOR SALE"!!!

Let's go, DUCKS!!!

Recall that when the die was cast it resulted  in multiple civil wars that Octavian won and became Caesar Augustus. The die today is rolling toward the B1G and the SEC. Where there ever be a leader who can reconcile the differences in today's CFB? I doubt it. Follow the money will leading to a Super League. I don't begrudge Dye one bit taking to todays money and changing course.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 5:24 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Recall that when the die was cast it resulted  in multiple civil wars that Octavian won and became Caesar Augustus. The die today is rolling toward the B1G and the SEC. Where there ever be a leader who can reconcile the differences in today's CFB? I doubt it. Follow the money will leading to a Super League. I don't begrudge Dye one bit taking to todays money and changing course.

🤯

On 1/21/2022 at 6:10 PM, LADuck said:

Hasn't he said he wants to get into broadcasting after his playing days? Maybe that was part of draw to Los Angeles in addition to wanting to start his family in CA.

Hope we have some major recruiting news soon I am tired of all the incoming texts from my SC friend. "Riley this and Riley that .... blah, blah, blah." I do admit (on here only not to my friend) he is off to an impressive start and see he already has three 5 stars for 2023.

Hopefully Riley doesn't land some stud OL and DL players because that is the only thing left to poke holes in!

He can and he will do so. If he bags QB Caleb Williams USC will be a big time player in the Pac-12 S. He has already picked up a starting OT from the portal.

With Dye he now has 11 portal transfers and I think he is far from done. He picked a very good DL guy from LSU out of the portal. SC paid $100M to get this guy and the money is there for rich NIL deals. The Trojans lost the battle but is now ready  ready to pay to bring Achilles on board.

My feelings about Travis Dye are similar to those I have for Cristobal. Travis gave us 4 solid years of football. I remember when he played as a true freshman. At the time, I wondered what the coaching staff saw in this undersized RB who ran with these choppy little steps. I really didn't see much promise in the guy. Over the next four years, he made huge improvements in his power, speed and ball security. He became an excellent receiver out of the backfield, and I loved the spin move he used time after time to elude a would-be tackler. The guy had the heart of a champion. If it wants to use a bonus year to extend his college career rather than to end up on some NFL taxi squad, good for him. I wish him well.

Even though I suspect the Ducks have traded up in hiring our young pup, Mr. Lanning, I don't hate Mario Cristobal for leaving us for Miami. He left the program in better shape than he found it in. Yes, he was way too uptight, and his white-knuckle management style seemed to suffocate any creativity his assistant coaches might possess. But, I believe he was a man of integrity, and I will always respect that. 

But now, it's the Danning of a New Era in Eugene, friends. The sense I get from our new guy is that he's not going to run guys out of town, but, if you don't want to hop onto the Dan-Train, he'll make an unscheduled stop for you to get off.

• Thumbs Up 5

Solid back. Took the bull by the horns when he got his chance. I’m sure he was told he would be a late round pick at best. 

Love his heart. I think he could make a Wes Walker type slot back if he worked hard.

Not sure he will start at sc but he will work harder than the rest and that will make them all better. Scary thought.

Sad day for Oregon football, bummer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest Axel

What Travis Dye did for the Ducks was yesterday. He's no longer a Duck, he chose not to be a Duck, and I'm not so charitable to wish him success. If we play USC next year in the Pac-12 championship, he'll try to rip our hearts out.  

Whatever Dye's reasons, the fact remains, he's an enemy now. I want the Huskies to fail, I want the Beavers to fail, and I certainly want USC, our long-time nemesis, to fail. 

I trust that Coach Lanning will figure out our running-back room, and that Oregon will be fine without Dye.

But make no mistake. We are at war with Lincoln Riley and USC. I see no need for niceties for any of their coaches or players. 

On 1/21/2022 at 11:29 PM, Axel said:

What Travis Dye did for the Ducks was yesterday. He's no longer a Duck, he chose not to be a Duck, and I'm not so charitable to wish him success. If we play USC next year in the Pac-12 championship, he'll try to rip our hearts out.  

Whatever Dye's reasons, the fact remains, he's an enemy now. I want the Huskies to fail, I want the Beavers to fail, and I certainly want USC, our long-time nemesis, to fail. 

I trust that Coach Lanning will figure out our running-back room, and that Oregon will be fine without Dye.

But make no mistake. We are at war with Lincoln Riley and USC. I see no need for niceties for any of their coaches or players. 

But some Pac-12 teams need to succeed so we have 2 top 10 teams squaring off in the champ game. This kind of rankings is why the SEC put 2 teams in the champ game this season and why year after year at least 3 SEC teams make NY6 money while the Pac-12 gets 1 team in the money ball mix.

This just in. Play 8 and not 9 conference games. Oregon vs Utah in the penultimate regular season conference game next season? Raise foot, shoot same.

My always say Dye in 2021 has died. But the guy has a good agent along with his future spouse and with this move will be picking up big NIL $.

SC starts pulling in OL and DL guys and look out. With a transfer from UVA, 2nd team all ACC OT, SC is picking up big bodies along with  skill players.

War is right. And SC just benched a flawed general and replaced him with a guy who went to the PO once as assistant + 3 times as an HC.

....sigh....

I for one am happy for TD and his wife to be. I can't help but think that TD is NOT loyal to USC per se', but is loyal to his young family. 'do I or do I not go to the NFL?' 'what are my chances of making it?'

I'm starting to wonder what that conversation brought to fruition for Travis. Is it the cold hard reality that the NFL is not in his future? If so, what would every one of us do in his shoes? Can you get enough from an NIL deal to put a down payment on a house? Can you buy yourself and your Fiance' a car?

Is this where you would have gone to make your home after college? Then, I applaud you TD. I applaud you putting family first. You will always wear Greean and Yellow in my book. I know you wouldn't have left Oregon for USC if not for NIL.

That means you are a family man first and a Duck second. USC doesn't mean anything more than a paycheck and being close to family. 

An enormous Wing, thumbs, up to you TD and to your family. Thank you for the memories!

• Thumbs Up 3