anyotherduck

Verdell to the NFL!

I wish the young man all the best luck in the future. He played his heart out and gave us all he had every game. He'll always be a Duck.

Buen viaje.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes CJ when healthy ran hard. Not the type of RB we were used to here I'll admit but he ran hard so I wish him well. I just had a real hard time with the amount of talent on this roster yet not one of those backs were able to beat out Verdell or Dye? Just like the QB position two of the highest ranked QBs to ever put on a uniform at Oregon weren't good enough to come in and make a difference if given a chance. That was clearly not correct in Mario's terminology to have any open competition. So do we believe coach Lanning when he says there will be open competition at every position? Hope so because that's the only way your going to win.

• Thumbs Up 1

All the best for Verdell going forward. He has the skill set to land with an NFL team if he can show well at pro days and hopefully, the combine. Then stay healthy.

Now Oregon needs to get a RB or two via the portal or a late HS commit. Broussard would seen to be a good fit for starters

• Thumbs Up 2

He will make an excellent practice squad member. I just don't think he has next level talent. I wish him all the best in proving me wrong. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I know he sure gave Utah fits.

• Thumbs Up 1

Best of luck and continued success at the next level and in life to CJ. He had some big time runs that we will remember. Closing out Utahs quest for a CFP appearance in 2019 and P12 Title game. And silencing tOSU crowd in the once invincible shoe.

The CJ/Dye Era apparently has come to an end. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Can't say I blame him, best of luck in the NFL.  Considering his injury past, I don't see how another year of wear and tear would improve his draft stock.

Holy cow this is going to be completely different team next year.  For better or worse, Lanning's stamp will be on this team from the get-go.

• Like 1

Thanks CJ keep flying high young man.

Troy and Justin carried us through some tough times. CJ and Travis endured a difficult time and we all benefited. Thank you to all who helped us through those turbulent times. Hopefully we are off to better era, and will always be grateful to those who brought us here.

I wish all the best to CJ in his near and distant future! Thanks for the memories. 

The memories I will carry of CJ was he did what asked to the best of his abilities. That will serve him well in the future.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 1/24/2022 at 10:51 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

He had some big time runs that we will remember.

And the walk-off overtime TD vs the Huskies, with a high school senior Kayvon in attendance.  KT said that moment with the Autzen crowd noise is what convinced him to be a Duck.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If you’d like to re-live it.  Volume up!

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Good luck CJ.

Will another undersized 3* portal player from Colorado transfer to fill his spot?

On 1/24/2022 at 2:43 PM, Duck1984 said:

Good luck CJ.

Will another undersized 3* portal player from Colorado transfer to fill his spot?

That player was the Pac-12 1st team RB in 2020. Broussard is not a lightweight. He put up 831 yards rushing in 2020 playing for CU. He would be a very valuable get out of the portal.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's probably just me, but, in all honesty, I don't feel I really have a good picture in my mind's eye about how good C.J. really is and what he can do. He's run in the pistol offense and he's run in the post-pistol offense. He's played while healthy; he's played while hurt; and he's missed games due to injuries. He's run behind an offensive line that's dominating the line of scrimmage in some games, and then he's run behind an offensive line that's getting no forward push in other games. I hope he does well as a pro, and that he can stay healthy.

What will stand out for me in remembering this guy will be that Washington game that followed up the disastrous Stanford game.

Which yr are u referring to. 

On 1/24/2022 at 11:46 AM, WiseKwacker said:

It's probably just me, but, in all honesty, I don't feel I really have a good picture in my mind's eye about how good C.J. really is and what he can do. He's run in the pistol offense and he's run in the post-pistol offense. He's played while healthy; he's played while hurt; and he's missed games due to injuries. He's run behind an offensive line that's dominating the line of scrimmage in some games, and then he's run behind an offensive line that's getting no forward push in other games. I hope he does well as a pro, and that he can stay healthy.

What will stand out for me in remembering this guy will be that Washington game that followed up the disastrous Stanford game.

Which year are u referring to. Can't be 20 didn't play UW or 21 which he got a season ending injury in the Stanford game so didn't play UW.

I have a feeling he won’t get drafted. But good luck. I think DL will be hunting down a transfer or two to fill the gap. Probably already has couple in mind.

On 1/24/2022 at 11:46 AM, Jon Joseph said:

That player was the Pac-12 1st team RB in 2020. Broussard is not a lightweight. He put up 831 yards rushing in 2020 playing for CU. He would be a very valuable get out of the portal.

Jon, both Verdell and Broussard were 5’8” or so sub 200lb 3* running backs out of high school.

Both have had success in the Pac12, but not  All American level.  

Broussard seems like a good addition to a roster, but not an upgrade to a heathy CJ.  More like a lateral move.

Caldwell, $ollars and 7 are a great start. If Broussard, a different transfer or Fr can come in and win the job so be it. Think we're going to be alright either way.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/24/2022 at 4:02 PM, Duck1984 said:

Jon, both Verdell and Broussard were 5’8” or so sub 200lb 3* running backs out of high school.

Both have had success in the Pac12, but not  All American level.  

Broussard seems like a good addition to a roster, but not an upgrade to a heathy CJ.  More like a lateral move.

But I think this would be a good thing for the Ducks RB room.

On 1/24/2022 at 4:25 PM, Jon Joseph said:

But I think this would be a good thing for the Ducks RB room.

5'9" 185 lbs. 31st all time rushing at CU. There have been a lot of good running backs at CU including Heisman winner Rashad Sallom (sp?) LaMichael was not the biggest guy in the conference and did OK.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Like 1

Whoever fills the void of Verdell and Dye will have a veteran O-line opening up holes for them. The line is probably the strongest unit on the Ducks. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks again, Travis.    Grrrrrr.

Time for Byron Cardwell to shine and great opportunities for Seven and Sean Dollars to get significant carries.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't fault him for taking his shot at his dream, but did dragging his feet deciding, cost us Dye in the process too?  Or did Dye already have one foot out the door? 

I can't help but think that MC's tendency to favor veterans like Verdell, impeded the development of some of the other backs.

I wish Verdell the best, but I don't think he's built for the NFL.  There are bigger, faster, and more productive backs than him.

Oregon is proud. 

I seriously hope I'm wrong about this dude. Class act. 

20220124_220633.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/24/2022 at 12:46 PM, Duck 1972 said:

Which yr are u referring to. 

Which year are u referring to. Can't be 20 didn't play UW or 21 which he got a season ending injury in the Stanford game so didn't play UW.

October 13, 2018. Oregon 30, Washington 27. Overtime thriller at Autzen capped by Verdell TD run to end it. Hard one to forget. (Verdell's fumble against Stanford a couple of weeks prior led to a 38-31 loss to the Cardinal.)

Oh yeah that's classic, what I consider the end of Petersen. Put it up there as 1 of the best moments in our history. That's the day we started running the fuskies again after those 2 embarrassing loses in 2016/2017

I will never forget CJ. His games against Utah 2019 and this year's beat down of tOSU in the shoe

Not only did we knee cap the fuskies that day, but it was also KT’s official visit. He then called it the best game he had ever seen and presto, he was a Duck.

• Thumbs Up 1