Duck1984

4 Star DL, Gracen Halton De-commits from Oregon

Curious that he didn’t mention the current coaches in his goodbye?

Did the Ducks pull his offer?

Another nauseating farewell address.  Guess what, Gracen?  God doesn't care where you go to college.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Andrew Nemec had Halton and Connerly both going to other programs, though he says if Oregon can get Connerly for an on campus visit then they have a shot.

• Like 2

Somebody made the observation that he made no mention of the current coaching staff at Oregon in his tweet.  Perhaps he is a body-type that does not fit the new defense?  Every staff wants players who fit the profile of the positions in their defense and perhaps it was no longer a fit?

Just guessing.

I do think the profile on the offensive line is changing from guys who are huge, to players who are a bit more mobile and faster, yet still over 300 pounds?  Fun to watch for...

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I don't get it! Lanning has put together the best staff next to Bama, Georgia, and has worked for the best. His game plan for the NATTY helped the Dogs procure their first NATTY since 1980 my senior year in HS. WOW is there something missing? This guy would rather go to Oklahoma than stay right here and play for the up and comer? This has been one insane year going into this year. The Men's BB team is ahead of Colorado by double digits at home and loses after that brilliant 6 game win streak. Has the earth tilted on it's axis?

• Haha 1

One thing I left out is they go to his home town and take him  out bowling as who does that and he's not impressed. I don't know I've heard some good things about this kid and then not so much to the other side either. Is or would he be a fit. I mean I guess we just have to wait till signing day to see who we get. I'm quite sure we will be impressed regardless if this guy stays. Better things ahead for Oregon and hey your miss out when we play for the Championship in 23.

• Thumbs Up 1

Guys look at fit of play style and personality.  I'm guessing Gracen felt one or the other or something else wasn't there at Oregon.  Not everybody will feel like Oregon is a destination for them.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:21 PM, AnotherOD said:

This crew looks better than Mario's crew regardless.

On 1/26/2022 at 5:53 PM, geoquack said:

Another nauseating farewell address.  Guess what, Gracen?  God doesn't care where you go to college.

Unless it's BC, Notre Dame or Immaculate Word?

• Haha 1

These players want to start right away. Okie has a new defensive head coach Venables who has a great rep and lost a lot of players so he may think he's got a better shot there. Also was recruited by MC not DL. Just rambling thoughts to ponder.