BigDucksFan

Can the Ducks Land the No. 8 Running Back ??

Running back Byron Cardwell is nearing a decision and Oregon Ducks are making a strong push. 

“I would say they are, for sure, a contender,” he said. “My relationship with Oregon has grown a lot, talking to multiple coaches and more people on the staff - the strength coach and a nutritionist. I’ve also talked to the academic counselor at Oregon a couple of times to get comfortable with the school.”

Let's get this guy, have that O-line open some huge holes for him, and get back to a dominant run game!

His specs definitely meet the criteria I think we need = 6'+ 220 lbs. + (right now he is only 205 lbs. but my guess is he can bulk up at least 15 lbs.).

We need this guy bad, so that by the 2022 or possibly 2023 season we may have an unbeatable run game again.

We need a dominant run game to compliment our passing game. Too many times in our shortened 2020 season did we see a one dimensional game where we were all predictable as to what plays were coming.

A balanced attack running on all cylinders will take us back to the dominating team we once were. Trash the pistol formation and give our running backs the run to daylight opportunities that put fear in to the defenses we play against. 

Cardwell is a six foot, 200 lb. player who is a 4-Star on Rivals.  JHop on ScoopDuck is predicting he will sign with Oregon, but admits it is a tight competition for him.  We need great running backs, and I'm willing give more and more the opportunity to be that guy.

Jonathan Stewart.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

I wouldn't say Cardwell is a must win recruit ... But he is up there. We desperately need a big and FAST runningback. 

Cristobal wants to run the ball up gut... Which is fine lots of the major teams do this and do it well... But for this to work Oregon needs a bigger and faster back than what we have.... Verdell is too small, Dye and Dollars are change of pace or attack the edges backs... And Habibi-Likkio is just too slow.