Steven A

Natives are Restless: Some Cane Responses to McClendon Leaving

"I couldn’t have ever dreamt of such a bad two month stretch for Mario from a staff standpoint. Literally back at Square One."

"Mario has 80 percent to 90 percent of the staff unfilled. It was a miscommunication and our best writers did not understand correctly. This is Manny -like. He has lost two outstanding recruiters and has no one hired as OC or DC. Probably for the best to now be able to hire an OC without a co-OC on the staff."

"Lol maybe it was 90% of the coaching staff will leave by Friday?"

“Just be patient guys, CMC’s got this. Trust the process, read the tea leaves”

"We’ve lost more coaches than hired LMFAO it’s a literal clown show down here."

"Al Golden told us to trust the process. Lol."

"One of the hardest hitting stories in my 10+ years of following InsidetheU. Losing our two aces is at minimum a punch in the gut. I don’t doubt good things are to come but these are some big losses we have suffered."

"Imma Fan But All Of This Is Comical Right Now … Let’s Be Honest"

See more at 24/7, free article

Georgia is hiring Miami co-offensive coordinator, wide receivers coach Bryan McClendon (247sports.com)

• Thumbs Up 2

So, Oregon is hosting a Walk-On for players, Miami looks like it will need one for Coaches. 

• Haha 9
  • Thumbs Up 4

I remember way back when everyone was in awe of the coaching hires at UW, SC and the U and the poor Ducks had to settle for an unproven coordinator.

I’ve become morbidly curious as to how many Wheels are going to fall off of the Mario cart. Less coaches now than you had at the start is not a good look. 

With no OC or DC and with coaches leaving, is the word out on Mario in the coaching community?  Do recruits start getting second thoughts? Does the portal heat up out of South Beach? Stay tuned….

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to think spurning Phil Knight is not a good career move. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Got to caneinsight.com... I think the shine is coming off MC..

On 1/30/2022 at 6:50 PM, Drake said:

I have to think spurning Phil Knight is not a good career move. 

I'm thinking more and more that Phil probably had some conditions in that contract that came with that money. I think Phil knew Cristobal had the recruiting ability (that one is obvious) but lacked the on field X's and O's to get the job done. Also if Cristobal saw his power being restricted that would have rubbed him the wrong way and probably had him even more open to a Miami offer.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:27 PM, David Marsh said:

Cristobal saw his power being restricted that would have rubbed him the wrong way

To Cristobal, the worst betrayal is that of loyalty, thus why the booing was the beginning of the end.

Of course unless it refers to his loyalty....

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Guest Axel

Perhaps Mario can escape further embarrassment at his beloved U by entering the coaching portal.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:30 PM, Charles Fischer said:

... thus why the booing was the beginning of the end.

Yes, that moment was it for me. When Mario pretended the booing was at the team instead of him, I knew he was done at Oregon as a coach.

• Thanks 4

Everyone, was blaming Arroyo, then Moorhead was being ridiculed.  I saw the game when the booing was going on, so hard to believe but if that doesn't motivate you to change, you have reaped what you sowed.

On 1/31/2022 at 6:47 AM, toketeeman said:

Yes, that moment was it for me. When Mario pretended the booing was at the team instead of him, I knew he was done at Oregon as a coach.

I haven’t been to a whole bunch of games at Autzen, but I’ve seen the crowd pretty angry and that Cal game wasn’t bad at all. That was just some grumbling.

I was at the Arizona game the day after Thanksgiving in 2010 when they were undefeated and ranked #1. Mike Stoops started going nuts on the refs about a targeting call against one of his players. Autzen gave him an earful. The more animated he got with the refs the louder the boos got. Great times.

On 1/31/2022 at 2:14 PM, EzDucksIt said:

Everyone, was blaming Arroyo,

Arroyo was probably better than we gave him credit for but in fairness UNLV has been pretty bad offensively under him. For 2021 UNLV averaged 20 points per game which is pretty bad. Yes, UNLV doesn't really have the talent but still.

But anyone want to bet that the Akron Zips average more than 31 points per game next year? Not saying they are going to win a ton of games but they will score some points with Moorhead as their HC.