30Duck

Remember when Cameron Colvin Fumbled Through The End Zone?

It just happened to the Browns against the Chiefs in the Playoff game.

Dennis Dixon, is the all time greatest (imo) QB to play RPO football. I remember all the times the TV cameras were following the wrong player while the ball was streaking down the field with another player.

I remember Cameron's fumble. And I too thought of it when Higgins fumbled today. 😞

Browns end up losing, 22-17, really could have used that touchdown. 

Every time this happens...I think of that day in Autzen.  

Mr. FishDuck

It's sad, but I can't remember any other play that Colvin made for the Ducks but this one. 

3 hours ago, 30Duck said:

It's sad, but I can't remember any other play that Colvin made for the Ducks but this one. 

I think thats called a nightmare. 

6 hours ago, 30Duck said:

The same for me. I was in the student section in those days, so I was easily distracted. I remember Jaison Williams, Garren Strong, Derick Jones, even Pflu making catches - but not Colvin. I know he did, but that metal plate might as well have been camouflage for him. I definitely remember the end zone fumble. It felt devastating. Little did I know that was just preparing me for future disappointment.

What a roller coaster of a season. I remember my girlfriend at the time trying to calm me down after the Arizona loss, and me on the verge of tears saying “you don’t understand! We’ll never have another chance like this!” Very happy to be so wrong. 

I so hate that rule.  I think they could/should fix it.  If no team recovers the ball before it goes out of bounds, the ball should be place at the spot of the fumble to the offense.  The defense should not be rewarded when they did not come up with the ball.

1 hour ago, Tandaian said:

The defense should not be rewarded when they did not come up with the ball.

Absolutely, and the offense didn't commit a penalty, there was a fumble. Far too much importance is given to the ball going through the end zone. So what. Treat it like any other fumble, if it didn't happen on a 4th down, the offense gets the ball back at the point of the fumble, if it was 4th down, then the defense gets it, and they start from there.