Guest Axel

Major Takeaways from Coach Lanning's First Oregon Signing LOI Day

Guest Axel

Oregon Recruiting: Dan Lanning scores big first signing day with Ducks (usatoday.com)

In this article from Ducks Wire, it states that the Ducks have moved up to the No. 25 recruiting class (247) in the nation and the No. 3 class in the Pac-12.

Thanks for the link. Great article.

Guest Axel

Sir Charles, thanks for editing my post. Greatly appreciated!

Thanks for giving me a pass; I am doing that often because when we follow AP (Associated Press) Style...we are much more apt to have our forum thread show up in a Google search.  AP Style is capitalizing the first letter in EVERY word, even in quotes, except for the words like "in, is, the, a, etc."  And we capitalize the first letter in the last word.

This is how a number of people have found us lately...by Google Searches for a particular Oregon subject and we show up.  If done over time...

It helps us!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I like that positions of need were focused on. Lanning and his staff didn't just go out and sign best available but best available of need. Shows focus and discipline.  Shows vision and that there is a plan in place.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait, I want to make sure my reading comprehension skills didn’t just go kaput (notice a pattern in my posts?  I am learning Deutsch as a precursor for working there in 2 or so years.  So, expect to come along for the ride 🙂 ). 

furd and …I can’t even say their name for reasons having nothing to do with the Bears last year…are the top 2 in the P12???!!!??

was that of yesterday evening or something because, cognitive dissonance, that hurts to read.  

• Haha 1

As a fan base I believe we've become a customed to a top 10 recruiting class. Having this group of coaches come in and with less than a month to secure a top 25 class and in the fashion they did, I feel ecstatic and don't need what we've had the last few years to feel good about the outcome. I believe we have brought in some very talented and exciting recruits.

I believe we covered almost every position. I do see a little lull in regards to the tight end position this year, but to supplement the recruits the transfer portal brought in support. This coaching staff had a few recruiting coups from programs that are very competitive. Having a top 25 class, with most major positions covered, with the exciting recruits they brought in, and beating out those other teams... I'm feeling pretty excited.

Edited by Principal Duck
  • Thumbs Up 2

The media is focusing on Oregon taking Iuli away from Miami Mario. But to me the big take away is that the fuskies weren't ever in the conversation at all. #rivalnolonger

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

Major Takeaway. These guys can recruit.

They also now have an experienced offensive line, solid QB’s, receivers, and RB’s. If they install an offense that puts big numbers on the scoreboard, coupled with an aggressive defense with arguably the best linebackers in the country, they will definitely grab the attention of lots of future recruits.

They really do have an opportunity to gain traction quickly. I am excited for the potential of this coaching staff, and our existing players. 

As a fan, I will definitely do my part to help make sure Autzen rocks again. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Speed.

Speed once set Oregon apart and made the Ducks a dangerous opponent. Speed kills and creates explosive plays. 

Oregon signed a SET of tall ultra fast talented DB prospects that already have what you can’t coach. Speed. 

It looks like the offense wants to run a lot of plays. Go fast. Be efficient. Pressure with explosive plays. Sounds like more Points. 

I’m pretty impressed with the recruiting by Lanning and the staff.

With limited time and well behind others they did some really nice things. Likely not done. 

Looking forward to see how they coach em up and how these guys are “in game” as coaches. Week one will be an interesting barometer. 

Great day today. Go Ducks. 

• Thumbs Up 1