Haywarduck

Lanning Ducks 4.5 Stars So Far

I was just reflecting on our Ducks under Lanning so far. I would give him a 4.5 star rating for the work he has done so far. Today is another great day for Dan and the program.

From day one to the time he spent doing two jobs he was beyond impressive. From dealing with student athletes all the way across the continent to calling recruits as he stepped off the big games field, astounding. I think this was a testament to how he is going to handle the stressful situation which will come his way. I don't think he needed to call timeout once!

His coaching hires were notable and superb. We are seeing the first results from the recruiting and analysis of the student athletes and it is again remarkable. In such a short time he has shored up weaknesses and addressed the many questions most of us have had.

Going forward I expect some let downs but those let downs won't be patterns, just learning opportunities. This guy seems like the real deal. So far he is on the rise, and 5 stars don't seem too far off. Well done Dan and HIS Oregon Duck Football Program! 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 9
  • Like 1

Obviously from September on, wins and losses will dictate the mood of us Duck faithful. But so will work ethic, heart, toughness, selflessness, intelligence and even humility. I hope our coach is able to instill some qualities into the team that we can write about admirably.  

Create an exciting brand of football. Give us tenaciousness on defense. Don't ever not show up. Always be humble even when you're kickin' butt! You will have our undying loyalty. I heartily agree that we're out of the gate fast, looking smart and sharp. It isn't hard to bump that 4.5  up to a 5 when you compare it to the press coming out of Miami and Seattle.

• Thumbs Up 2

All I want to see is a team that is ready to play, a team that won’t quit, an actual game plan that can be effective wright out of the gate. Most of all coaches that get the best out of every player on the team. I don’t want much 🤪 but it looks like a coaching staff that can make this happen. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I was on the Lane Train. Glad they didn't ask for my input.  

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1