Log Haulin

KT's Heart Questioned

don’t believe your lying eyes…

all those games where KT single-handedly stopped the final drive by the opposing team—that wasn’t heart, just luck. 

all those plays where KT beat his man to the QB—that was just magic, not the product of hard work. 

all those shots on the sideline of KT encouraging his teammates, that was just show biz, not caring. 

you see?

• Thumbs Up 2

KT will be fine in the NFL.  I don't think he's an elite talent at that level and I'm not sure if he was at the college level either.  But does anyone actually believe he lived up to the hype?  Some of that is probably due to the coaching that wasn't happening, but it felt like he was playing it safe most of the year because he had a lot to lose by either not dominating or getting injured.  

I don't fault the guy for either of those potential reasons, but I'm just saying, my eyes weren't lying when I saw slightly above average play....when he played.

7 Sacks - Not in top 50

49 Total Tackles - Not in top 500...yes 500

35 Solo Tackles - Not top 100

I know the temptation is to say he didn't play much of the season...that's part of the point.

Edited by DCDuckfan

You need to ask why would someone make these statements. Many reasons that these kind of statements are made just before the draft. Part of the pre-draft posturing game. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 11:43 AM, Drake said:

You need to ask why would someone make these statements. Many reasons that these kind of statements are made just before the draft. Part of the pre-draft posturing game. 

Exactly! No player goes through the draft process without being dinged. For the most part, without sound reasoning. I do not want to do the same but I do have a sense that he had some kind of falling out with Mario which was behind his release of the locker room video. 

They can "arm-chair DE" KT all they want.

But lacking heart and effort sure ain't it.

Classic projection and smoke screen for outside motives 

Jay Bilas said Luke Ridnour "couldn't guard a chair".  Luke then played 13 seasons in the NBA.

• Thumbs Up 1

I tend to agree that this is fueled by others. There area lot of players with their own motives in the draft game.

I don't believe KT lived up to the hype. I, again, put that on coaching.  What is a guy like KT doing dropping into pass coverage? Almost felt like he was in pass coverage as much as getting after the QB or RB behind LOS. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/6/2022 at 8:35 AM, DCDuckfan said:

KT will be fine in the NFL.  I don't think he's an elite talent at that level and I'm not sure if he was at the college level either.  But does anyone actually believe he lived up to the hype?  Some of that is probably due to the coaching that wasn't happening, but it felt like he was playing it safe most of the year because he had a lot to lose by either not dominating or getting injured.  

I don't fault the guy for either of those potential reasons, but I'm just saying, my eyes weren't lying when I saw slightly above average play....when he played.

7 Sacks - Not in top 50

49 Total Tackles - Not in top 500...yes 500

35 Solo Tackles - Not top 100

I know the temptation is to say he didn't play much of the season...that's part of the point.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment.

He got leg got rolled up on in the 2nd quarter of the 1st game. That is one of the most lingering injuries to overcome even when able to play again. I believe he missed 3 or 4  games which means he only played 1/2 the season.

In the Stanford game he was dead tired before being ejected at the end of the game.

He was game planned against as season went on especially after the UCLA game.

He was chipped by both TE and RB on most plays. If not he was double teamed by the OL.

I know I'm a homer but that's truly what I saw.

• Like 1

Maybe KT is trying to be smart and learn from Herbert and Mariota - don't be a No 1 pick.   #6 seems like a sweet spot?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 4:36 PM, DuckFan93 said:

#6 seems like a sweet spot?

This is right. Jacksonville is in a historic run of bad, and Detroit is Detroit. Too bad for Hutchinson, but Detroit seems to be set on getting the Michigan hero. 

Let me be blunt... 

Sure KT dropping the draft hurts in the short run...mainly for Oregon's bragging rights. 

But Herbert going 6th in the draft turned out very very good for Oregon and Herbert. 

He has broken records and just had a pretty good pro bowl game as a second year player. This may not have been the case with a higher draft pick. Sure Burrow is doing well but being on a team with that quick a turn around is usually pretty rare. 

I mean other Oregon greats we're destroyed by being drafted early... Looking at Mariota and Harrington. 

Now this might be more of a quarterback problem in the draft but still going to a solid team is better long term and the publicity is always good for Oregon. 

On 2/7/2022 at 5:01 PM, David Marsh said:

I mean other Oregon greats we're destroyed by being drafted early... Looking at Mariota and Harrington. 

Detroit has the absolutely WORST management. I wanted Sewell to drop in the Draft...to the Chargers instead of being saddled with a perennial loser. 

Mr. FishDuck

Can't see what McShay is doing this for. He has to see last year was an aboration. We didn't see the real KT.