Charles Fischer

Hands Up! Who Are Oregon Softball and Baseball Fans?

I am trying to get a bead on how many updates and articles to provide, as they can be fun and interesting when there is not much football to discuss.  I enjoy both, so do let me know which sport you follow (or both) and how passionate are you?

Do you just keep an eye on the scores?  Do you go to games?  Do you seek out articles about these sports?  How much would you want to see?

I've operated an article site (FishDuck) for a decade, but I am new at this forum business and am always interested in feedback.  Tell me! Tell me!

We have a killer-closer in Kolby Somers, a senior out of Hillsboro!

Mr. FishDuck

I keep an eye on the scores, and it's always fun to learn something about the players.

Among my all-time favorite Ducks are softball players: Janelle Lindvall, catcher during most of White's tenure, when the Ducks owned the Pac-12, Jenna Lilly, 3rd base, what an arm! April Utecht, at shortstop, amazing athlete. Cheridan Hawkins, ace pitcher, can't forget Allison Mack, a slap hitter, and Haley Cruse, from last year. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, Charles, I follow both teams. I don't go to the games in person, but I watch them on the PAC-12 Network when I can. I probably watch about twice as many softball games as I do baseball games. I also follow track and field.

Thanks for asking.

I too, like WiseKwacker, watch more softball games than baseball. Nevertheless, I watch quite a bit of baseball.

I’d like to keep up on all Duck teams, therefore a little of all is always fine with me. 
Thanks for this inquiry. 

Yes

I'm a baseball and track fan. 

As I posted above thanks to Jim Bartko I have become a strong Duck ladies softball fan.

Im a Baseball fan and I do follow womens Bball but not as close as some.

In High School I played Football, Basketball and Golf.  In the summer I played American Legion baseball.  For me, baseball was the most fun to play.

Now, for me, watching baseball is akin to watching paint dry.  The game has become far too slow.  Pitchers throwing to first base is not my idea of fun.

But, softball is very fun for me.  The speed of the game is the primary reason.  And, the Duck players are passionate about their team and play.  And they cannot lead off, so no pitcher holding runners on base.

I attend many home softball games.  My spouse holds season tickets and has for years, as do others in my family.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love college softball and baseball.

World Series time is one of my favorite times of the year.

I root heavily for all the PAC teams in these sports.  

Not to raise anybody's hackles but the only time I went to the baseball CWS was the first time your instate "pals" won it.

A friend of my son was a pitcher on the Oregon baseball team some years back though he rarely got to play.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:16 AM, savagefund said:

Not to raise anybody's hackles but the only time I went to the baseball CWS was the first time your instate "pals" won it.

No sweat, as you are a good sport.  Actually....I was cheering for the Beavers in their 'Natty runs as a Pac-12 representative.   BTW...I grew up in Corvallis and my father was a professor at Oregon State...and I am the "GREEN SHEEP" of the family.  😆

Mr. FishDuck

Played college baseball so count me in. Never get enough baseball news.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:57 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I am the "GREEN SHEEP" of the family.

Green Sheep SVG Design 420 Weed Svg Funny Svg Digital | Etsy Canada

On 2/8/2022 at 9:18 PM, Grandpa Duck said:

But, softball is very fun for me.  The speed of the game is the primary reason. 

Agree with this.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would much rather watch Ducks softball than baseball, it’s like comparing a Ferrari vs a VW bus. However, I think Coach Wos has the guys playing much better than Horton’s small ball. My gawd Horton’s small ball was a great reason to go to the beer garden and find buddies to drink beer with!

• Haha 1