Charles Fischer

Good Question: "Most Underrated Duck?"

So many great players to choose from, and Darron Thomas emerges for me as a leading candidate....

Mr. FishDuck

Those were the first two I thought of, what a great combination!

Kenjon Barner also is a fav...

Kenjon Barner_Kevin Cline.jpg

One of my favorite photos ever due to the content and the richness of color in the background...and that we won that game!

Mr. FishDuck

She wasn't one of the Big 3, but we can't forget Lexi Bando!

Darron Thomas never got the recognition he deserved. One of the best in my opinion. 

I can’t pick just one. There are a few that I feel are criminally underrated. 

Aidan Schneider: he made 3rd team All America one season, ended his career as the Pac-12’s most accurate field goal kicker at 85% (since passed and is now #2) which was good enough for top-10 in NCAA history at the time, and still holds the conference record for PATs. Yet when Henry Kattleman emerged as a surprising alternative many Duck fans were acting like we’d never had a good kicker before. I partially understand. Camden Lewis reminded us of Maldonado, and we’re all still traumatized. Schneider was so recent that it makes me think people didn’t realize how good he really was. 

Charles Nelson was such a jack of all trades that it’s easy to just think of him as a WR. In addition to his use as a runner he’s also one of the few guys to have multiple punt and kick return TDs, and in general was a special teams stud. Chuck even threw a 20 yard TD pass against Utah when the team was struggling with Burmeister, acrobatic play to escape pressure. What really makes me appreciate him is when 2015 tire fire defense needed him, and this 5’8” 175 speedster played safety for a while, had games with 14 and 12 tackles, grabbed two INTs, and was the hardest hitter in that secondary. Nelson finished his career with 1800+ yards from scrimmage at almost 12 yards per touch, 2700+ return yards, 66 tackles, and 22 total TDs. 

A lot of names to pick from, everyone on that graphic is a correct answer. Those two just jumped out at me as ones who are recent enough for the vast majority of Duck fans to remember but seemingly forgotten by the casual fans. 

9F2A787B-574C-4F1A-82D5-14FD7D2B12C7.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RatherBe said:

Charles Nelson was such a jack of all trade

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Not underrated by Duck fans, but...Underrated by quite a few analysts. Pretty sure Miami wishes they had picked him over Tua. 

The Head Coach was fired....

On 1/19/2021 at 7:39 AM, Drake said:

Not underrated by Duck fans, but...Underrated by quite a few analysts. Pretty sure Miami wishes they had picked him over Tua. 

The Head Coach was fired....

Interesting. I think at one time before the draft there was talk that Justin might move up before Tua, but it never happened. I'm glad it didn't as I think the Chargers is the best place for him. They just need to fix their defense, which there new HC should be about to do.