Charles Fischer

All the Oregon Players to Have a Super Bowl Ring...

There are some surprises in there!  I had no idea that Derek Loville had three Super Bowl rings!

Every Oregon Duck Player to Win a Super Bowl Ring in the NFL by Zachary Neel of Ducks Wire

64b53d1272b4497480eb8b0bd92a8123.jpg

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

Russ Francis never got a ring with those Niner teams? I thought he played in the same era as Michael Walter.

On 2/10/2022 at 11:36 AM, Wood Duck said:

Russ Francis never got a ring with those Niner teams?

It turns out that Russ was a 49er between 1982 and 1987, right after the Super Bowl in 1981, and right before the Super Bowl in 1988. 

On 2/10/2022 at 2:36 PM, Wood Duck said:

Russ Francis never got a ring with those Niner teams? I thought he played in the same era as Michael Walter.

He was on the team that beat the Dolphins in Palo Alto. Marino’s only Super Bowl.

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2022 at 4:39 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

He was on the team that beat the Dolphins in Palo Alto. Marino’s only Super Bowl.

He sure did, Thanks for finding that. I'm pretty sure he's the only Pleasant Hill High School, Oregon, student, to have a Super Bowl ring. 

I knew Fred Quillan and his mom -glad to see he is remembered.

Russ Francis- one of those freaks of nature that every sport he played he excelled in. Does he still hold the state high school  javelin record? My cousin played PG on the varsity basketball team with him. Saw a few games. 

I've watched every Super Bowl game, went to 7, including the games these Ducks played in. So, am I happy now? NO! 

Sometimes it is luck,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dixon. 2 Super Bowl Rings               played in 4 games,      59 pass attempts,          35 completions         1 td      404yds passing                                              Fouts  0 Super Bowl Rings                        181 games          5,604  attempts         3,297 completions    254 tds     43,040 yds.  passing                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  It isn't about the jewelry, it is about the memories, right?

Unknown.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 6:56 AM, Flyin Vee said:

Russ Francis- one of those freaks of nature that every sport he played he excelled in. Does he still hold the state high school  javelin record? My cousin played PG on the varsity basketball team with him. Saw a few games. 

Sam Crouser set the National High School Record at 255', and his sister Hailey then set the girls National High School Record at 181'. Not taking anything away from what Russ Francis did, 'back in the day.' Oregon is the center of Track and Field!

*****Jeff Stover...2-Time Super Bowl Champion with the 49ers.  4 year letterman at Oregon in Track & Field. Pac-10 shot put champ in 1978 and 1980. Did not play football at UO.