Badwater

Oregon Ducks Women's Basketball: Ducks Prevail Over The Beavers 74-66

Well, this game was everything that we expect from a rivalry game. You can read my recap here: Oregon Defeats Oregon State by The_Badwater of ATQ.

GO DUCKS! Let's make it a sweep on Sunday!

Edited by Badwater
  • Thumbs Up 3

It was a complete team effort for the Ducks last night, Parrish and Scheer were both very active on both ends of the court. The Beavers took the early lead, but then the Ducks went on a 16-2 run. For the rest of the game, Oregon would build a lead, and look like they were ready to blow the Beavers out, but OSU would scrap and get back into it. Finally, the Ducks put on a run and clinched the win. 

Sedona Prince and Grantland Rice quote --

In the second half Sedona was guarding Kennedy Brown (OSU talented center) left side bottom of the lane. Ball was out front above the key on the right.  Brown stumbled to the floor. Sedona immediately reached down and pulled Kennedy back to standing. They had battled each other the whole game.

In previous games she has helped opposing players get up from the floor. Her sportsmanship is an honor to her and the Ducks.

This Grantland Rice quote immediately came to mind:

When the one Great Scorer comes to right your name, He marks not that you won or lost but how you played the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/12/2022 at 11:34 AM, ArkieDuck said:

In previous games she has helped opposing players get up from the floor. Her sportsmanship is an honor to her and the Ducks.

I noticed that too, and while she is not the player Graves said she would become....she is helping the Ducks and the sport with her play and her honorable conduct.  It makes me proud...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck