Charles Fischer

Who Wants a "Home-and-Home" with Miami?

You have to admit...it would be interesting.  The media would love it and the fans would probably get up for it...right?

But it would need to happen in the next four years, I think.  Swap a game out?

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

I'd go for that. Hopefully in the next 4 years the Pac will be playing 8 games: Oregon gets the game at Autzen first and Miami would be great for the week before the Oregon State game. 

Soon as the boob-burds arrive, MC would be saddened by the boorish fans...

On 2/13/2022 at 1:20 PM, woundedknees said:

Soon as the boob-burds arrive, MC would be saddened by the boorish fans...

Right.  Miami has some terrible fans, as I've banned a couple here that none of you saw.

That was tongue-in-cheek...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

I wouldn't like it. I don't like playing CK the last several years and how much longer. I don't like kicking a dead horse lest it bites you.

I feel like we give him too much press, Oregon just needs to move on from him.  His time here had some good memories and we should cherish those and build better, moving forward.

• Thumbs Up 1

Would probably be uncomfortable for all involved and I'm not sure it serves any purpose.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

The only reason I would be in favor of this potential home and home series would be for the national exposure the Ducks would receive. The ESPN talking heads would be all over this. A 8 pm EST kick off when the game is in Miami and 5 pm PST kick off in Eugene. Don't schedule the game unless it's prime time and bid it to the networks.

Both games would be seen by top recruits. Top talent from the southeast could attend the games. Could be a big time plus for the Ducks.

Or not..........

• Like 1

The ACC and the PAC have some bowl affiliations. A game with them could happen sooner than later.

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2022 at 7:12 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

The ACC and the PAC have some bowl affiliations. A game with them could happen sooner than later.

Miami was suppose to play WSU, good catch. I have no problem watching that program from afar. 

Would it be cool to see?  Sure.  I just can’t see how it would benefit the Ducks.

Remember this, Miami’s been a largely underachieving nationally irrelevant program for the best part of two decades.  They haven’t won a conference title since 2003, only 1 division title, and have played in one NY6 bowl game over that stretch. (UO?  6, 10 division titles, and 7 NY6) games. 

Why give Miami the opportunity for exposure and credibility?  Why give them an opportunity to showcase their facilities, and their program to (possibly) the same recruits that we’re going after?

Besides, I don’t think that this would draw as much national attention as some might think. Once Lanning establishes himself in Eugene, and MC settles in at the U, people will move on.  (And to the gentleman who suggested we schedule it the week before the MooU game?  That’s just crazy talk…🤪)

Sounds good to me.  We could replace one of the FCS cream puffs on our future schedules with Miami.

Guest Axel

I vote "yes" for one game against the Miami Marios--at Autzen--but on the condition that a mercy rule is in effect. Once the Ducks get ahead by 100 points, the game should be called for humanitarian reasons. We all like Mario and don't want to see him humiliated, just because he ruined the Ducks offense, dialed it in twice against Utah, and tried to poach our recruits.

In theory, these are the games The Alliance wants to see scheduled between the Pac-12, B1G and ACC. But this scheduling format means the Pac-12 and B1G going to 8 conference games, long agreed to future schedules playing out, or games being dropped. It also requires a playoff format that makes sense for a team to play 2 P5 teams in its 4 OOC games. 

Counting BYU as a P5 opponent, as BYU should be so accounted for, Oregon is one of the few schools with 9 conference games playing 2 P5 opponents OOC in 2022. With a 4 team playoff field this type of aggressive scheduling makes no sense. Miami does not have an SEC tie-in game, but Clemson, FSU, Georgia Tech and Louisville play an SEC OOC game every season. This makes adding a B1G/Pac-12 opponent for these schools senseless for these 4 schools; unless, all P5 champs are in an expanded playoff field. 

Oregon already has H+H OOC games scheduled with Texas Tech and Baylor. Many the Pac-12 schools have upcoming games with BYU and H+H games vs SEC teams. Add a B1G or ACC opponent to this?

The Alliance scheduling agreement sounds good but is a long way from fruition. And this scheduling agreement is a handshake agreement. Oregon at Miami and vs Miami in Autzen sounds good and likely moves the money meter. But Oregon State at Duke? Not so much.

I expect more in the way of conference expansion/contraction before this scheduling agreement ever becomes a reality. I believe the SEC will add Clemson and FSU and accordingly, the B1G will also expand. Will the B1G go east or west? And will the B12 that is adding a national brand in BYU, the huge Houston market and the Orlando market that has surpassed Miami in size, stay pat at 12?

But to answer the question: Heck yes,  I'd love to see a H+H with Miami.

Edited by Jon Joseph

That would be really awesome 

Edited by BradPelican82

Which would have more allure Oklahoma against USC or Oregon against Miami. Maybe this could be a double header, package deal? The college game needs to figure out how to market itself better. In the NFL games are adjusted all the time to get eyeballs on the games. Maybe a triple header Notre Dame against LSU? Passion on the sidelines, in the stands and with the tv ratings is what we all want to see!

oregon.12809_39.jpg

On 2/14/2022 at 9:20 PM, BradPelican82 said:

That would be really awesome , perfect for tailgating

Annotation 2022-02-14 212604.jpg

Edited by BradPelican82

When and if they get to the point were it wouldn't have a negative effect on the strength of schedule.

• Haha 1

More likely a neutral site one-off. Preferably in Vegas. ☺

If Miami came to Autzen, any chance Mario would hear some boo's?

• Thumbs Up 1

Miami is not that important to schedule a series with..  

Let Cristobal go bore that Miami fanbase in peace 

I'm content to thank MC for his service and let him go. Adding some sort of "revenge game" with Miami really does us no good as we'd assume all of the risk with no real payout that I can see. Miami on the other hand would benefit greatly from this. In my mind, making this game happen would be doing him a favor...and while I'm grateful that he left such a good roster for DL and crew, I have no intention in thanking him by giving him a possible platform to skyrocket from.

I could see Oregon entertaining a one game neutral site game with Miami.   Arlington texas would work for me (live in Austin) and give us more exposure to the Texas recruits.  🙂