cartm25

What Is Your All-Time Favorite Duck Football Game? (links to highlights preferred)

Given all the recent discussion, I'll go with:  Oregon vs. USC - October 31, 2009

I attended college at BYU, so needless to say, I was not surrounded by a bunch of Duck fans; none among my roommates.

My roommates were all out at Halloween parties while I partied alone screaming at the TV and shaking our condo while jumping up and down screaming and cheering . . . All while ignoring Trick-or-Treaters who knew someone was home, haha, poor kids.

Link to Highlights: 

Part 1

Part 2

Edited by cartm25
  • Thumbs Up 3

2007 Oregon 39 Michigan 7

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty hard to beat "The Pick", but that halloween night game against USC was so much fun!

• Thumbs Up 2

The Pick

Beating USC on Halloween

Oregon beating TX 35-30 in the 2000 Holiday Bowl.

• Thumbs Up 4

Guest Axel

The Ducks won the very first College Football Playoff game, crushing Florida State, 59-20, on a chilly New Year's Day at the Rose Bowl. I was there with my family, and this is without question my favorite Ducks game to date.

2015 Oregon vs. Florida State: Ducks punched CFP national championship ticket - Bing video 

My all-time fave: The Ducks giving FSU a shellacking ... and that absolutely side-splitting—and deeply satisfying—Jameis Winston fumble. 

• Thumbs Up 5

On 2/17/2022 at 7:18 PM, tee duke said:

—Jameis Winston fumble. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

One game I was there for and even remember the highlight video play, which seemed in real time like a rogue wave running over the QB.

Oregon avenges the previous year's loss by beating BYU, who was ranked #4 when they met - 1990.

Edited by Viking Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/17/2022 at 7:03 PM, cartm25 said:

I’ll add another - Oregon v. Arizona 2009 2OT

Best part of this game is that the students were jumping out of the stands onto the sidelines at the end of regulation play ready to storm the field. They all had to go back to their seats and watch Oregon win in OT.

• Thumbs Up 3

Winner goes to the Rose Bowl. Masoli trucks OSU safety on 4th down to seal the win at Autzen stadium. Crowd was going crazy that night. 

This game sent the two programs in two different directions. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Since some have already hit a few of my favorites here is favorite game to be at where we lost...in OT! Cade McNown barfs on field and Rueben Droughns plays with broken ankle.

On 2/17/2022 at 9:03 PM, Drake said:

Winner goes to the Rose Bowl. Masoli trucks OSU safety on 4th down to seal the win at Autzen stadium. Crowd was going crazy that night. 

This is one the the biggest reasons why I hate the division system for the conference now. This was a rare game to happen but the fact that there is a conference title game after the civil war game really makes this game feel less important. 

• Thumbs Up 1

My favorite would have to be absolute beat-down we put on Florida State, but since that's already been covered here I'll add one more: January 3rd, 2013. De'Anthony Thomas catches the opening kickoff and races down the sideline setting the tone for what would become a 35-17 trucking of Colin Klein (Mr. Band-aid himself) and Kansas State in the Fiesta Bowl. That was such a fun game to watch and felt like it perfectly encapsulated what the Oregon brand really is...here's hoping we get back to that sooner rather than later! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Sorry no highlights.  Ducks 3-0 over Huskies on a Woody FG in a monsoon.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Oklahoma at autzen. What a finish.

• Thumbs Up 2

1970 Oregon 41 UCLA 40

Oregon was down 40-21 with 3 minutes left in the game. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 2/17/2022 at 9:03 PM, Drake said:

Yeah I'm with you, one of my best memories in Autzen watching the final seconds tick down knowing we're going to the Rose Bowl.

On 2/17/2022 at 7:18 PM, tee duke said:

Jameis Winston fumble. 

LMAO, That was priceless!

Versus Stanford Oct. 2, 2010:

Great family memory for me, my brother and I fished the Willy for steelhead that morning hooking up four and landing two, one right underneath the Autzen footbridge.

Down 21-3 in the second quarter, we finally get a TD, then Chip goes for the onside kick--GAME ON!!!

And who could forgot LMJ's soul-crushing run in the fourth to add the exclamation point.

On 2/17/2022 at 7:21 PM, 30Duck said:

This never gets old!

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon at Michigan with Dennis Dixon, the magician, faking out even the cameraman 😎

Lynn M Myrick 

Grants Pass 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

I believe it was last year. The greatest win in program history. At the "shoe" against mighty tOSU.

No one, I mean no one including my homer self, gave us any chance. And it wasn't a fluke. We controlled that game from start to finish. And without our best player.

I know last year left a sour taste in the latter part of the season but for that game it was brilliantly coached, played and the most exciting I've seen.

Had to be the FSU game.  Just the total devastation against a top team when it really counted - to go to the national championship game.  At the time, FSU was a top program just like Michigan or tOSU when we beat them, but this was not just regular season. 

Bonus points for making Famous Jameis look completely lost.

But since so many people have commented on this game already, #2 is probably the '12 Rose Bowl against Wisconsin.  Just watching De'Anthony Thomas overwhelm the Wisconsin D with his speed was tremendous.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 2/19/2022 at 2:43 AM, Kurt Rambis said:

Had to be the FSU game.  Just the total devastation against a top team when it really counted - to go to the national championship game.  At the time, FSU was a top program just like Michigan or tOSU when we beat them, but this was not just regular season. 

Bonus points for making Famous Jameis look completely lost.

But since so many people have commented on this game already, #2 is probably the '12 Rose Bowl against Wisconsin.  Just watching De'Anthony Thomas overwhelm the Wisconsin D with his speed was tremendous.

One word, speed!

• Thumbs Up 2

While it wasn’t a key playoff game, the 2015 game against the hated Huskies in Seattle was one of the most enjoyable.  Living in Seattle, I heard all week from UW fans that this was the year they broke the streak (11 games at that point) because Mariota was finally gone and transfer Vernon Adams had a broken finger.  And, the Huskies had started out hot in Chris Peterson’s second year.  Then we broke their backs with Adams making some great third and fourth down plays  by scrambling and passing.  There are few better times than sitting in Husky Stadium when we dash their hopes.