30Duck

"Oregon was Better than Miami" in 2001

• Haha 1

Miami undoubtedly had the better athletes, but in a single game matchup, I absolutely believe Oregon could have beat Miami with Joey Ballgame on the field.  Underdogs....yep, but the way the Ducks played in the Fiesta against the same Colorado team that smoked Nebraska...I have no doubt that the Ducks could beat Miami if they played that day.  

• Thumbs Up 1

The beauty of getting robbed that year is that now we’ll be able to talk smack until infinity.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oregon only wins if Miami's players were arrested, tried and convicted prior to the game.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/19/2022 at 5:12 PM, Steven A said:

Oregon only wins if Miami's players were arrested, tried and convicted prior to the game.

You say that but OSU beat that Miami team the next year with 0 first round picks and only two draft picks in the fist 3 rounds that draft year.  Miami was good, but beatable.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/19/2022 at 2:12 PM, Steven A said:

Oregon only wins if Miami's players were arrested, tried and SENT TO GUANTANAMO prior to the game.

FIFY... if some of those dudes were on the contiguous US back then, they would have been out faster than a Don James Era linebacker...

Edited by woundedknees

I always look at it as what would happen over 10 games. In 10 games Oregon wins a few, there was a chance, a pretty good one with Joey leading the way. 

On 2/19/2022 at 5:15 PM, Haywarduck said:

I always look at it as what would happen over 10 games. In 10 games Oregon wins a few, there was a chance, a pretty good one with Joey leading the way. 

I was going to bring up the 10 game scenario, while the Ducks woulda' had a punchers chance, Miami wins 8 out of 10 games. 

Edited by Darren Perkins
  • Thumbs Up 1

That's the problem we'll never know. Proved the theory of it's all about the money, not merit.

Oh well as MLK said "I believe we'll reach the mountain top someday".

Maybe sooner than everyone thinks!