Charles Fischer

Payton Pritchard: A New NBA RECORD?

A long way to go for the season, but boy is he off to a great start!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Impressive.  He's playing like a veteran.

15 minutes ago, ptdduck said:

He's playing like a veteran.

From the first game he looked like that. It won't happen, the NBA drafts on, "potential", but Payton has shown just how valuable playing 4 years in college is. 

50 minutes ago, 30Duck said:

Payton has shown just how valuable playing 4 years in college is. 

Indeed. I wish young talent would recognize this. A paycheck is hard to turn down.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 30Duck said:

Payton has shown just how valuable playing 4 years in college is. 

A polished product that is exceeding many of those five-star recruits out of high school.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are we looking at another "Rookie of the Year" ??

If it's fair he'll be in the top 3.  Hamilton and Ball are in the mix.

20 hours ago, BigDucksFan said:

Are we looking at another "Rookie of the Year" ??

He won't get enough minutes now that Kemba Walker is back from injury. So much depth at guard for Boston. It will be interesting to see if Ainge pulls the trigger on a trade.  

Edited by ptdduck

1 minute ago, ptdduck said:

He won't get enough minutes now that Kemba Walker is back from injury

In Walkers first game of the season, the Celtics were blown out by the Knicks, 105-75, and Walker left with a rib injury. 

I'm not sure what the percentages are for succeeding in the NBA based on number of years out of High School, but I would say there are many more players that succeed with less than 4 years than those with 4 years.  The most recent name I can think of with 4 years of experience and succeeding is Damian Lillard and he was drafted in 2012.  There are definitely plenty of players who should have stayed longer in college, but I'm not sure there would be very many of them that it would have made a difference.

Great to see Pritchard succeeding.  I know I thought he would be a fringe bench player at most, but I'm glad he is proving me wrong.

So, tonight, the Celtics were leading the 76ers, 103-102 with about 5 minutes left. Payton had played the entire 4th quarter, until Walker came in for him. The 76ers went on to outscore the Celtics 15-6. Payton was put back in with :12 seconds left, but it was too late, 76ers win, 117-109. 

On 1/20/2021 at 3:13 AM, NogerO said:

If it's fair he'll be in the top 3.  Hamilton and Ball are in the mix.

With Ball in the mix for rookie of the year its doubtful Payton will get it. Ball has too much national recognition. 

An all around game. Steady and dependable off the bench. A sixth man to spell others, and reliable to fill in for injured or ill teammates. Go Payton.

• Thumbs Up 1