30Duck

Husky Delusion: SMH

Pretty brave with what is going on up there...the past is all they have?

Everybody knows that now...it's all DUCKS!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Also...100 years between two rose bowl wins.. 

Then repeats at 2015 and 2020 Rose Bowls... In the last decade Oregon has had 3 Rose Bowl wins which is more than UW over the last 30 years. 

Sooo there is that... 

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Like 1

I do appreciate all the fuskies do to make their yearly beat downs enjoyable.

If not for their never ending smug delusions of grandeur, I would begin to feel sorry for them.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I-A Wins 2000-2021 (22 years)

(Teams not qualifying for the table are listed at the bottom.)

Rank Team name Winning
Percentage
Games
Won
Games
Lost
Games
Tied
Games
Played

1 Oklahoma 0.81849 239 53 0 292
2 Boise State 0.82206 231 50 0 281
3 Ohio State 0.83026 225 46 0 271
4 Georgia 0.75862 220 70 0 290
5 Clemson 0.74227 216 75 0 291
6 Louisiana State 0.75000 213 71 0 284
7 Alabama 0.76190 208 65 0 273
8 Oregon 0.72401 202 77 0 279
9 Wisconsin 0.70526 201 84 0 285
10 Florida 0.69149 195 87 0 282

55t Washington 0.52416 141 128 0 269
55t Arkansas 0.51648 141 132 0 273
55t Southern Miss 0.51273 141 134 0 275

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

But through thick and the thinnest of skins, UW fans show up for the home games in Seattle. 

Despise UW as an opponent? Yes. But UW fans at least give a whip. There is many the Pac-12 team I'd diss on before UW.

How does it look for Stanford when it can't sell out the stadium for the Notre Dame game? When SC/UCLA do not sell out?

On 2/22/2022 at 7:10 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Yes. But UW fans at least give a whip

Absolutely. There is no other mediocre D1 team that has the support that Washington does. The delusion of grandeur that fuels them is unequalled. 2-15 with Oregon, and still the tweet, talking about how the Huskies are an "all-time great program". An all- time great like Rob Schneider is an all-time actor

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/22/2022 at 7:56 PM, 30Duck said:

An all- time great like Rob Schneider is an all-time actor

You can't possibly leave out our former California governor in that category as he represents the husky's mantra, "I'll be baaack".  Of course, you have to be dumb or dumber to believe they still have a chance!

On 2/22/2022 at 4:50 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Pretty brave with what is going on up there...the past is all they have?

Everybody knows that now...it's all DUCKS!

giphy.gif

Hmmm..Hmm... As my Aussie friend would say. "Keep yer peckers up!"

U Duh fans quack me up... Their bravado is so stripped so bare, they're de-nuded-sional.

Edited by woundedknees
  • Thumbs Up 1

From the time they entered the Pacific Coast Conference in 1916 through 2021, UW football has finished on top of the conference exactly 17 times.  

In 105 years.  

Impressive.  🥱

Even during the "glory years" of Don James, in 18 years they won the conference title six times, with one split national championship.

Just for contrast...

• USC joined the conference in 1922...38 conference titles, 7 national titles.
  • UCLA since 1928...19 conference titles, 1 national title
  • Cal since 1916...14 conference titles, 2 national titles
  • Oregon since 1916...14 conference titles, no national titles
  • Stanford since 1919...15 conference titles, 1 split national title

If you want to talk about a "legacy" program, it's USC.  UCLA has better historical results than UW in a smaller number of years.  Cal and Oregon are about in the same place historically as the "legacy program" of Washington.  Heck, STANFORD has almost identical historical results to UW.

Obviously the only claim UW has to a "legacy" is a legacy of delusional fans.  But at least there's a high amusement factor.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 2

If the fuskies want to talk legacy, they aren't even on the same map as the mighty Yale. Leading the country with a whopping 18 national titles!

Championships: 1874, 1876, 1877, 1880, 1881, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1886, 1887, 1888, 1891, 1892, 1894, 1900, 1907, 1909, 1927

And those 1880's teams were no joke!

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2022 at 8:08 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

If the fuskies want to talk legacy, they aren't even on the same map as the mighty Yale. Leading the country with a whopping 18 national titles!

Championships: 1874, 1876, 1877, 1880, 1881, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1886, 1887, 1888, 1891, 1892, 1894, 1900, 1907, 1909, 1927

What about club sports? You counted club sports right? RIGHT?! 

or at least... that is what a UW fan would say... 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/23/2022 at 8:29 AM, David Marsh said:

What about club sports? You counted club sports right? RIGHT?! 

Suppose if they could keep their noses out of one another’s rear ends, and their eyes on the trail, they’d do ok at the Iditarod. Nah

On 2/23/2022 at 11:08 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Boola, Boola. Even I am not old enough to have witnessed those great 19th century Eli teams; perhaps, Charles could be a resource?

Guest Axel

This feeble take from a has-been, nobody former Husky named Jordan Reffett is precisely why I advocate for a perennially toothless University of Washington football program.

I don’t want the Ducks to have bragging rights over the Huskies. I want trashing rights so we can relentlessly ridicule them. Beating those miserable mutts by a wussy field goal doesn’t grant those kinds of rights. I want touchdowns by the ton to rain down on Washington.

A one-win Husky season is one win too many. The 0-12 Husky season from 2008 is more like it, except when that happens again, I want more than one measly shutout. Ten would be an acceptable number.  I am, after all, a realist.

But the Pac-12 is better when the Huskies are good, right? Let us painfully revisit 2016, when Washington hung a 70 on the Ducks at Autzen. THAT should NEVER happen again, or at least not before the sun burns up all its hydrogen, becomes a monstrous red giant, and gobbles up the Earth, five billion years from now.

No, in order to silence the Jordan Reffetts of the world, total domination of the Dawgs is imperative. But who is Jordan Reffett, you say? His Twitter bio claims he’s a “Former NFL player,” when in truth, his total NFL playing time was two unimpressive weeks on the Steelers practice squad.

Yes, Jordan Reffett is among the puppiest of purple-and-gold puppies, an “NFL alum” whose NFL position is listed as “Unknown” on ESPN. On NFL.com, Reffett’s experience is listed as “0.” So when a gridiron zero from Grunge Town unleashes a garbage screed against Our Beloved Ducks, it’s time to man the ramparts and give him both barrels of braggadocio.

The only way to keep that Ducks swagger at its zenith is a constant, merciless mollywopping of Washington--every snap, every game, every season, every decade, every century, every millennium—and that’s just for starters.

On 2/23/2022 at 8:29 AM, David Marsh said:

that is what a UW fan would say... 

Most of what I hear from a Husky is "Arf"

• Haha 1

UW Huskies.....offseason champs since forever.

Delusion is a crutch.

• Like 1

U Duh is a crew/rowing school... They tried Curling, but the ice was so thin, they kept losing their rocks.

The shells are equipped with low drag coefficient sonar (Most likely snagged during a breakin at the OSU engineering complex) which allows the search for the lost equipment to continue to this day.

• Haha 3

But through thick and the thinnest of skins, UW fans show up for the home games in Seattle. 

This year, not so much.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 11:21 AM, idontrollonshobbas said:

offseason champs since forever.

Absolutely, they are undefeated in the off season, I looked it up.  Don't tell them they have the same number of Ws in that same season.  Prowess is as prowess does.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

But at least they can beat the Cougars in FB and BB.  Oh wait . . .

The only football history that matters is a school’s record within the memory of an 18 year-old recruit!

• Thumbs Up 2

However They do lead in all time prowess.

How does it look for Stanford when it can't sell out the stadium for the Notre Dame game? When SC/UCLA do not sell out?

Those fans have a life.

• Haha 3

I'm pretty sure there's something in that lake they've been swimming in. May be they're even drinking it. 🍼🚽❄️ Who knows what goes on up there ? Sure not a whole lot of football.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Another reason to like the Huard family, just ask Kenny.

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2022 at 9:58 AM, Axel said:

Let us painfully revisit 2016, when Washington hung a 70 on the Ducks at Autzen.

The Autzen Massacre left an indelible mark on my then 16 year old who lives and dies with the Ducks every gameday.  The following image was clearly burned in his brain.  Please view the pic. with caution and squinted eyes as to avoid a general feeling of malaise mixed with fits of irritability.  I should have intentionally blurred this pic.

1136344240_BrowningPoint.jpg.1bc6b4e8551da274b6b54ab314e44830.jpg

My son (Hunter) can tell you the play call, the defender in pursuit, what the score was following the play, and at what yard line this egregious gesture was made.  

Less that a week after this very game a young girl named Mirlande showed-up, and her and the boy headed to the family room to "study".  Being the typical curious parent,  I remember trying to listen-in as best I could without being discovered.  All I heard was her speaking a language that somewhat resembled French(?) with a chant-like delivery that left me a little...uncomfortable. 

This was far from over, so I ask Mirlande to stay for dinner to which she agreed.  I asked the obvious question, "What were you two studying?"  Without hesitation but with heavy accent, she said, "We weren't studying, I was helping Hunter heal."  Heal...WTH?   Before I could even get out my next comment, the wife delivered the "stop it" shin kick cuz she accurately sensed that I was about to make things weird for all of us.  After Mirlande left, I cornered Hunter and said, "O.k., what the hell was going on with you and Mirlande?"  He simply replied with two words, and then walked away smiling.  "Jake Browning".  

In the same week, Hunter had a lengthy conversation with his grandfather (now deceased) who lived in Saskatchewan.  He (grandfather) went by the name of Mervin, but I'm not sure if that was a chosen name since he was a full-blooded Native Indian.  I know, It's not atypical for a grandson to speak with his grandfather, but our circumstances were a little different, and the two only spoke a couple of times.  Mervin supposedly carried some clout within the community, and on this special occasion was called upon by my son for...guidance?  Didn't want to be nosey, but after their chat I had to asked what they discussed.  He said something about just wanting to talk with his grandfather, and he also mentioned a name.  Jake Browning.  

My son shares Axel's sentiments in regard to keeping the Fuskies in their place.  It's simple to put two and two together and conclude that Hunter launched a multi-cultural whammy specifically targeting Jake Browning.  He did say that Jake would never succeed in the pros, and to date I believe JB has been buried on a couple of practice squads.  Just sayin'.  

Pertaining to this clown's (Jordan Reffett) tweet, he's clearly trolling.  Goofball looked up win totals in Wiki to see UW at no. 26, but a couple programs in front of them are FCS or Div. III.  So he's waiting for peeps to say he's full of crap and then for his mic drop, he'll point to the win totals.  He's a simple man, playing simple games.  His blatant display of ignorance is just the result of recognizing his alma mater's rapidly declining relevance in the college football landscape.  

Take Care All!

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest Axel
On 2/26/2022 at 8:54 AM, Jester said:

It's simple to put two and two together and conclude that Hunter launched a multi-cultural whammy specifically targeting Jake Browning.  He did say that Jake would never succeed in the pros, and to date I believe JB has been buried on a couple of practice squads.  Just sayin'.  

Jester, kudos to your son Hunter for launching that multi-cultural whammy on Jake Browning and the Huskies. Your story takes me back to November 16, 2002, on a cold late afternoon, when my older son and I were dejectedly leaving Autzen after the Huskies ripped Our Beloved Ducks 42-14. 

As we shuffled our way down Centennial (now MLK) Boulevard toward a parking lot and our car, we were accosted by a typically obnoxious and ridiculously outfitted Husky fan--some half-in-the-bag lout from that garbage pit adjacent to Puget Sound. "Ducks suck! Ducks suck!" he laughed, practically in our faces, and having lost by four touchdowns that day, I bitterly held my tongue, having no comeback. The Ducks unquestionably and unfortunately had sucked that day. 

I looked at my son and his eyes expressed disappointment in me that I was saying nothing in our defense. Meanwhile, the purple-clad goon from that cesspool up North continued his harangue, his eyes lively and joyful: "Ducks suck! Ducks suck!" He was hardly intellectually gifted, of course. He was your typical monosyllabic Husky. But those two one-syllable words were pissing me off. 

And then I had a flash. "Neuheisel!" I shouted at him, referencing Rick Neuheisel, who was coaching Washington at that time, and Husky fan's face suddenly became puzzled. “Neuheisel!” I shouted at him again. “He’s going to ruin your program! You just wait and see! He’s going to ruin your program!”

I was ranting like a madman, and now Husky fan looked worried that he had maybe picked on the wrong Duck. He started to walk away, but I didn’t relent. “Neuheisel!” I hollered after him. “Wait and see! You’ll be sorry!” And Ugly Purple Man disappeared into the sea of other departing fans.

Less than two years in the wake of that afternoon, the Ducks began a wondrous string of 12 straight wins over Washington, Ty Willingham steered the Huskies into an 0-12 abyss in 2008, and yes, Neuheisel had indeed ruined the Husky program.

This past season, when the Ducks knocked off the Huskies for the 15th time in 17 tries, my son brought up that Husky fan from long ago. “Do you think he remembers you, Dad? You put a jinx on the Huskies.”

Now it’s probably just a silly notion that whatever I said to that abhorrent Husky in 2002 set in motion the events that sent the Washington football program into a highly satisfying death spiral. But as a Duck fan, I can dream, can’t I?

There two posts by Jester and Axel back-to-back....aren't these in the running for the best concurrent posts EVER?  Whew!  What great stories and so well written...

THANK YOU Gentlemen!

Jake Browning goes down_Kevin Cline.jpg

Revenge is SWEET though...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck