30Duck

Ducks Win 68-63, Sweep the Bruins

Dana expressed disappointment in the Eugene morning paper about the "half-empty" MKA turnouts for Mens Basketball this season.  Hope more show tonight...

Mr. FishDuck

On 2/24/2022 at 10:40 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Hope more show tonight...

Definitely. Just because the Ducks beat the Bruins and Trojans in empty arena's doesn't mean that MKA can't be filled with deranged Idiots. Now, The MATT will never be The Pit, but I hope it's as loud and raucous as it can get for the games this weekend. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Bruce Coldren 12-14 recollection by Bill, very cool.

Again, Walton is never a Bruin Homer, he says it was clearly an offensive foul on the Bruin, Riley, not the defensive foul on Kepnang. 

I like how the refs allow body blocks. </sarcasm> It's like they brought in football officials.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/24/2022 at 6:10 PM, 30Duck said:

Again, Walton is never a Bruin Homer, he says it was clearly an offensive foul on the Bruin, Riley, not the defensive foul on Kepnang. 

Walton not a Bruin homer lol.  He got it right though.  It should have been an offensive foul. Kepnang had his feet firmly planted, outside the restrictive zone.

On 2/24/2022 at 8:14 PM, DuckIt said:

Walton not a Bruin homer lol. 

We'll disagree on this one. In this game, like the other's I've heard him do between Oregon -UCLA, I haven't heard Bruin homering, and on other games, I haven't heard it. In the ASU 3 OT win over UCLA, I didn't hear it. Bill is all about the game, throwing out hyperbole everywhere. But, that's what I hear. 

On 2/24/2022 at 6:25 PM, 30Duck said:

We'll disagree on this one. In this game, like the other's I've heard him do between Oregon -UCLA, I haven't heard Bruin homering, and on other games, I haven't heard it. In the ASU 3 OT win over UCLA, I didn't hear it. Bill is all about the game, throwing out hyperbole everywhere. But, that's what I hear. 

I agree.  He's behaving himself in this one.

Richardson has been MIA offensively. He's been active defensively but all his steals and tie ups have been offset by his turnovers.  He's lost three or four balls, just dribbling in place which shows a lack of focus.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ducks have got to be the worst team to in-bound the ball.

With the game on the line, Young and Harmon want the ball.

Nice win for the Ducks.  How do they not have a better record?  Should have won against the wildcats and did what they needed to tonight.  Plenty of talent  - how much is coaching and how much is players that are just inconsistent?  Either way, no one will want to play them in the pac-12 tournament.

My take on Walton as a neutral observer - not a homer tonight, but his usual insufferable self that cannot go 2 minutes without some inane irrelevant comment.  Makes me crazy every time he does a game.

I love when Walton calls the game...............................

..............except when I hate it!

Walton and Pasch make a great duo.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/24/2022 at 8:35 PM, DuckIt said:

Richardson has been MIA offensively. He's been active defensively but all his steals and tie ups have been offset by his turnovers.  He's lost three or four balls, just dribbling in place which shows a lack of focus.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Richardson is a turnover machine.  Five tonight.  He seems to enjoy dribbling into double and triple teams...or tripping over his own feet and losing the ball at least once per game.  I don't get it and I'm not a fan.  And oh yeah...on disappearing for long periods of time...he was 3 for 11 tonight...1 or 7 threes made.  Ugh.

All that whining by me said...I thoroughly enjoyed the game and the boys brought tons of energy tonight.  Great job, overall.

On 2/24/2022 at 8:54 PM, Goutes18 said:

cannot go 2 minutes without some inane irrelevant comment.

That is a glacial pace for him.

On 2/25/2022 at 1:20 AM, Steven A said:

That is a glacial pace for him.

What is this about?

Referring to how often Bill Walton says something ridiculous in the TV telecast.

Mr. FishDuck

Walton is definitely polarizing, either love or hate. I don't find his commentary to be ridiculous or homer, he wants every game to go to OT! He definitely brings different information than other commentators during games, and sometimes he's not entirely accurate, tends toward hyperbole, but I think he's the greatest commentator in the history of sports commentary!!! And I'm glad he covers the Conference of Champions!!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/25/2022 at 7:51 AM, Mudslide said:

What is this about?

2 minutes between inane comments is a long time for Bill.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not to be contrarian, but just because one does not understand Bill's utterances, does not mean HE is inane ipso facto.

Once in a while you get shone the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right

• Thumbs Up 1

I met Bill in San Diego 30 years ago.  He was much more a normal human in articulation and carriage than he shows now on tv.  In fact, I have to turn the audio off when he's calling a game.  He either has a media persona, or has turned to the community of Complete Idiocy.

I realize Bill isn't everyone's cup of tea.  But, he is a wonderful human that helps more people than we know because he never talks about it.  He is a parent, teacher, coach, mentor to youth extraordinaire.

He did a 90 second promo spot for Oregon last night that is invaluable to our tourism industry. And, who doesn't enjoy a good Dan Pastorini reference during a mens college basketball game in 2022?

On 2/26/2022 at 12:15 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

I realize Bill isn't everyone's cup of tea.

It is said that you love him or hate him, but with me?  It's both.  😝

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 2/26/2022 at 12:23 PM, Charles Fischer said:

It is said that you love him or hate him, but with me?  It's both.  😝

I am betting you picked up on the Dan Pastorini refence though, right? 🥸

On 2/25/2022 at 8:44 PM, Mudslide said:

In fact, I have to turn the audio off when he's calling a game.

A point of comparison can be made between Walton and fellow Bruin, Don MacLean. I can turn the audio off when Mac is on the game and be sure I won't miss a thing. Mac is very good at telling us after a made basket that the player who shot it, "Can make that shot!" Or that when a team is trailing at the end of the game, "They'll need to get some stops" 

Bill can make a bad basketball game more fun. That game was bad by both teams. Franck had a good game. The D was overall pretty good, Bruins missing allot of shots saved our bacon. Otherwise we get blown out at home once again.