30Duck

The Huskies DC Is Going To Join Sark In Texas

Jimmy gets to really prove his defensive chops now and show off how good of a head coach he is when he has to make some more hires.

I would like to point out that there has been NO interest in that Offensive Coordinator of theirs. You know... the one who was fired and replaced by Moorhead at Penn St.

1 hour ago, 30Duck said:

It just gets better Duck fans! "For those who want to compare the University of Washington and Oregon football programs

Best laugh I've had all week. Thanks 30Duck

That is funny 30Duck...thanks!  Laughing at the Huskies never grows old...

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

The Huskies are Howling, "This is an extremely worrisome sign after year 1 (albeit a bizarre shortened one) of the Jimmy Lake era."

giphy.gif

That article was pretty funny... 

I think the big difference right now (I know there are a lot of differences) in the defensive coordinator search between Oregon fans and Washington fans is just how relaxed we are as duck fans about all of this. 

As Oregon fans we knew Avalos would only be around for 2 to 3 years with two being on the short side. The BSU job opening up sped things up a bit but it wasn't a shocker. 

We all know that Cristobal is going  to take his sweet time on this hire but whoever is hired will be well vetted. So there is more intense curiosity on our part. When Avalos left, there was a level of genuine excitement in the Oregon fan base... Not because Avalos was bad, but because of the possibilities. 

Now... Looking at the Washington fan base, it is just out right terror. Lake's hire of Donovan for the offensive coordinator was head scratching considering the names out there and the Washington defense was pretty pathetic this last year. 

Now the treasured Washington defense is on the line here. The real question for Washington fans is how much of Lake's ego will get in the way of his hire? Does he fashion himself the defensive coordinator or does he want to hire one to work with him? 

6 minutes ago, David Marsh said:

I think the big difference right now (I know there are a lot of differences) in the defensive coordinator search between Oregon fans and Washington fans is just how relaxed we are as duck fans about all of this. 

You can't be as insecure as Washington's fan base has been for the last 30 years without getting nervous when anything shifts in their still shaky program. They thought it was a sign of Oregon falling apart when Avalos left. As you noted, Oregon fans took it in stride, and look forward to the new DC.

You can't teach old dogs new tricks.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Made me laugh with that GIF!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I follow a few Huskies on Twitter and they are paralyzed by this. I liked the guy today who called his own Huskies "The Vanderbilt of the West."

9 hours ago, Duckpop22 said:

I follow a few Huskies on Twitter and they are paralyzed by this. I liked the guy today who called his own Huskies "The Vanderbilt of the West."

I was thinking that would be Oregon State... but... if Washington can't get a good DC and keep their defense on track... yeah... Oregon State is going to surpass Washington.

9 hours ago, Duckpop22 said:

I liked the guy today who called his own Huskies "The Vanderbilt of the West."

Omigosh that is funny...and amazing!

Mr. FishDuck