30Duck

Lanning: "I Want to Experience Eugene"

BTW. In Georgia you can be on the grass but it is illegal to be on grass. 

Great take. Love his son's response to seeing 'real' mountains and not just the Appalachians. 

Sure hope he makes it and after making it, enjoys Eugene and Oregon enough to stick around for a lot of seasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

Size 13 boots--they should keep him well anchored.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait 'till he gets into a redside on the McKenzie. He'll be hooked!

I'd suggest taking his boys down to Diamond Lake to catch some of those silver, football-shaped trout that swim around in there.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/27/2022 at 3:40 PM, Wood Duck said:

Wait 'till he gets into a redside on the McKenzie. He'll be hooked!

I'd suggest taking his boys down to Diamond Lake to catch some of those silver, football-shaped trout that swim around in there.

That would be a fun team trip. Get the football team fishing early at Diamond Lake for a biggest fish contest. A quick stop at Crater Lake and then finish the loop up I-5 back to Eugene. Of course they would have to stop at Junkyards Extreme Burger in Junction City before getting home. Now that would be a bonding trip. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

As long as he wears a lifejacket when he even goes near a body of water in Oregon!

On 2/27/2022 at 4:28 PM, Haywarduck said:

That would be a fun team trip. Get the football team fishing early at Diamond Lake for a biggest fish contest. 

What a great idea.  I'd pay for a 1st Annual Spring Camp Fishing Meet trophy.  And the 2nd Annual....etc.

Edited by Mudslide
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2022 at 11:09 PM, Mudslide said:

What a great idea.  I'd pay for a 1st Annual Spring Camp Fishing Meet trophy.  And the 2nd Annual....etc.

It would seem only right those on 'fish' duck could come up with $'s to commission the Fishduck sponsored trophy.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Anyone ever go to the rock slides by Triangle Lake? A hot spring day was always a good excuse to grab some beer, skip that afternoon sociology class, and head to the slides. Always crowded on a hot day, but still a lot of fun. (Denim cut offs recommended vs. a normal swim suit)

Fishing, hiking, and camping are by far the best ways to experience Oregon. 

Edited by Drake

Wherever a team bonding trip might end up going - and their all good choices - don’t let Bill Walton know. He’d want to be the tour guide.

• Haha 3

On 2/27/2022 at 11:09 PM, Mudslide said:

You might re-think that one...as fishing gear for 85 players could be quite a cost...

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 2/28/2022 at 10:18 AM, Charles Fischer said:

You might re-think that one...as fishing gear for 85 players could be quite a cost...

The cost of the trophy, and then of course the cost of the engraving each year. The cost of the trip, now that is big boy money. Great idea of Walton, as long as the bus didn't go by Mac Court, the stories would never end!

Plus 20 non-scholarship players, total allowed is 105.

On 2/28/2022 at 1:18 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I know it's an old line, but there's always a hook.

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2022 at 11:43 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I know it's an old line, but there's always a hook.

A double, nice!

• Thumbs Up 1

That's trophy...not fishing gear.

One winner of biggest fish.  One trophy.