30Duck

NFL Analyst: Thibodeaux Could Drop Out of the Top 10

Thibs, keep being you.  Get to the League and then show them the player you are.  Not impressed with the talking heads.  All the MSM types are blow hards.  Just get with a team that treats you right and allows you to grow and succeed.

The talking heads are all trying to make some big scoop of teams taking a worthless QB . Or some player that was rated in the late teens early 20's suddenly being so much better and the savior of some team .

On a plus side, the later a first-round player is taken, the better the team he goes to.

• Thumbs Up 2

There seems to be a consistent level of anti-Oregon bias in the NFL draft the past three years.... 

Herbert, Sewell and Thibodeaux all getting the same treatment that they aren't worth a top 10 pick. Well Herbert and Sewell have more than proven their worthiness of that top 10 pick status. Thibodeaux will probably prove it too in the NFL. 

But every year... we seem to go through the same song and dance that _____ Oregon player isn't worth an early draft pick. 

You know what... I'm ok with that... get these Oregon players on some better teams and let them shine from the get go and increase Oregon's NFL talent. I know there is some prestige in getting drafted in the top 3 but those teams can be dumpster fires and a bad place to start a career. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/1/2022 at 8:29 AM, David Marsh said:

There seems to be a consistent level of anti-Oregon bias in the NFL draft the past three years.... 

Herbert, Sewell and Thibodeaux all getting the same treatment that they aren't worth a top 10 pick. Well Herbert and Sewell have more than proven their worthiness of that top 10 pick status. Thibodeaux will probably prove it too in the NFL. 

But every year... we seem to go through the same song and dance that _____ Oregon player isn't worth an early draft pick. 

You know what... I'm ok with that... get these Oregon players on some better teams and let them shine from the get go and increase Oregon's NFL talent. I know there is some prestige in getting drafted in the top 3 but those teams can be dumpster fires and a bad place to start a career. 

I remember the first 2 years of MM at Tenn, Im surprised his career has lasted this long.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with DJ.  

He'll go high though due to the hype he had coming into the year, and the value placed on high quality pass rushers.  I don't think he did really anything to hurt his draft stock this season, but I certainly didn't see anything that separated him from other top tier potential draft picks.  That's probably part of the problem.  Based on his trajectory, the perception was that he was going to just tear-it-up every single game this season and quit frankly, he didn't.  

Wherever he goes, I'm sure he will have coaches that develop his pass rush repertoire, and I look forward to watching him at the next level. 

Meh.  Everyone has an opinion even if most of them on any subject are uninformed.  I've seen other "draft experts" who've had him going #1 to Jacksonville.  

Now that contracts are essentially pre-determined for draft picks, I personally would rather go #10 or #15 to a team with some hope than landing in New York or Jacksonville and getting ready for five years of losing.  So much of the success or failure of any draft pick depends on the ownership, management, and coaching of the team he lands with.  I'm guessing Trevor Lawrence would have had a far better rookie season and ultimately a much better career had he been drafted by, say, the Colts or Patriots than by the Jaguars.  There's a reason some teams are always drafting in the top ten while others are usually drafting #25 or #32.

• Thumbs Up 2

I’d like to see him go to a team that can utilize his talent to produce a winner. Being picked by loosing teams early in the draft can bring your career to a stop faster than running into a wall of bricks. Like to see him go to a team like Tenn or even Pittsburgh where his talents can be blended in rather than be a focal point. Wont happen but it would be best for him.