Charles Fischer

Huskies Can Spin Stories Like NOBODY ELSE

My friends, I cannot make up the irrational behavior of the Huskies below who actually wrote such nonsense on a major Washington forum. The topic is about Justin Wilcox turning down Oregon...??

--"I have admired Justin Wilcox since he coached at the UW. I always thought he was a standup person. I admire him even more after reading the article on his turning down the Oregon head coaching job. I have never thought that Oregon's athletic department had any ethics in any of their athletic programs. Now I am even more firmly entrenched in that belief. Wilcox stood up for what he thought, and is, the right way in how to recruit and be a successful program.

Oregon's win at all costs attitude is now even more exposed and should be used against them as much as possible. I know that the NCAA is toothless and cannot enforce any punishments, and it is highly unlikely that anyone would go after Oregon since they are a Nike backed program and Nike is a very important money provided to many of the NCAA programs. But bringing to light every illegal act that they do would bring immense harm to the reputation that they are trying to purchase."

--"UNike is essentially the definition of a "win at all costs" school at present, there is no real question about that. Wilcox had to know it, but he saw the reality very dramatically in the specific conditions that were associated with UNike's offer to him to be the head football coach. He had to hire certain assistant coaches with known histories of payola and he had to agree to employ certain recruiting "tactics". I am pretty certain there were other conditions as well. Since Wilcox actually has ethics and integrity he turned UNike-Knight down."

--"Wilcox is pretty great…  For the life of me, I could not figure out all the vitriol on this board, in regards to Wilcox, during the UW coaching search…."

--"One problem…. Wilcox has ethics.  Go figure."

These days are DAWG-GONE...

Washington Football: 3 early signees who will make an instant impact

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Guess his uw reading prowess allows him to come up with those assumptions.

Say, what happened to their last coach?

Oh, and Don James was soooooooooo clean.

Well, at least he has 12 more years of a winning record (60 - 48) to work with.

They put up more of a fight in the fan forum than their players on the field. 

• Haha 5

One of those moments when you have to thank your lucky stars you are not posting a story on FishDog about how you became a Husky fan 😛

For the die-hard fans who have stuck with them through thick and thin, I would be unhappy about how things have been going and worried about the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/1/2022 at 6:33 PM, Viking Duck said:

One of those moments when you have to thank your lucky stars you are not posting a story on FishDog about how you became a Husky fan 😛

Omigosh...what an awful name..."FishDog," and I just shudder writing it.  Somebody told me I needed to create one of these forums for each of the Pac-12 schools, and I would have to be on each as FishBruin, FishBear, FishCat, FishBuff, etc.  When we got to Washington I said, "that's a deal-breaker."

Well that, and I did not know what I was going to do with Oregon State...

• Haha 4

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon State = FishPlaytypus  I think!

Or FishRodent (added)

Edited by Viking Duck
  • Haha 1

Can anyone with knowledge of the facts, explain what this non duck fan was talking about? 

Otherwise he has committed significant defamation. 

Lynn M Myrick 

Ex Grants Passer 

now AZer

• Haha 1

Do you mean that all of those quoted posts were from the same account/person?

On 3/1/2022 at 7:22 PM, Viking Duck said:

Do you mean that all of those quoted posts were from the same account/person?

I can tell you that they all were from different people on the Husky board, and I'm assuming that the defamation is the re-working of my nickname?  I assumed it was in jest...

Mr. FishDuck

Oh I missed that connection to your nickname. But in general I was just thinking it would be a common 'disinformation' campaign, aka fake news.

Invented narrative: Obviously the only reason why UO is better than my team (insert PAC 12 team here) is because Knight is bankrolling them to buy a championship; evidence is that Wilcox would not agree to follow their corrupt bribery schemes (inferred by his declining the job) so they hired some disreputable YOUNG coaches from across the country.

Then feed that to an audience inclined to be receptive to that narrative, hoping it will spread and be elaborated on.

A technique practiced by corporations, governments, and political parties everywhere 😄

• Thumbs Up 1

This is how a fan base of nails makes it enjoyable to keep being the hammer. Thank you fuskies. Thank you.

• Haha 3

On 3/1/2022 at 6:58 PM, Charles Fischer said:

When we got to Washington I said, "that's a deal-breaker."

Fishpoop is a deal breaker?

• Haha 2

Excuses excuses for the butt lickers.

On 3/1/2022 at 8:58 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Omigosh...what an awful name..."FishDog," and I just shudder writing it.  Somebody told me I needed to create one of these forums for each of the Pac-12 schools, and I would have to be on each as FishBruin, FishBear, FishCat, FishBuff, etc.  When we got to Washington I said, "that's a deal-breaker."

FishFuskie comes to mind...and rolls off the tongue ever so nicely...

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2022 at 6:58 PM, Charles Fischer said:

How bout fishtail.

On 3/1/2022 at 7:19 PM, Roguefirm said:

Can anyone with knowledge of the facts, explain what this non duck fan was talking about? 

Explaining what a Husky Honk means would entail an Indiana Jones type search. image.jpeg.b1b3b56168aaed746cf204adee430182.jpeg

and too much interaction with a Husky Honk will leave a normal person in a very bad condition. 

image.jpeg.ee8cf59ba852a22259d4c71243c80f18.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now I see the light! Wilcox was once a filthy Oregon Duck who was 'cleansed' in Seattle. And having been 'Seattle-Saved,' he will no longer have anything to do with the Devil that is Nike U. Right?

Thank you Charles. Are the folks who post on the Husky board(s) trying to get a laugh or merely delusional?

BTW Husky fans, Billy Joe says 'Hello.'

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Jon, They were dead serious as they wrote this, and there was more written in the thread but these were the best ones.

So I guess that makes them delusional, which would certainly not be surprising!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Guest Axel
On 3/1/2022 at 5:45 PM, Charles Fischer said:

My friends, I cannot make up the irrational behavior of the Huskies below who actually wrote such nonsense on a major Washington forum.

It would be easier to grasp the interrelation of dark energy, gravity, and the weak force on quantum mechanics than to understand this brand of lunacy from the Washington Husky fan base. Growing up, I suffered unrelenting exposure to Ohio State Buckeye fans, about as lunatic as a fan base gets, but those traumatic days in no way prepared me for Husky Lunacy.

However, my trusty intern Scoop Johannson, has some understanding of Husky delusion, hysteria, and absurdity. His mother was a Husky, and imagine if you dare, the horrors of growing up in a Husky household, where the only wardrobe colors allowed are light purple, medium purple, dark purple, fluorescent purple, and really dark purple.

Before shipping Scoop off to kindergarten, his mother removed the green and yellow crayons from his box of Crayolas. Scoop couldn’t identify the colors green and yellow until he was 12.

Things were so bad at Scoop’s house that even the word “OR” could not be uttered, because it’s Oregon’s postal code. There was never a choice of a “this OR that” for dinner, it was always just “THIS.” And the “THIS” always had eggplant in it. The only dessert that Scoop ever saw was grape Jell-O.

So when Scoop rebelled and marched off to Duck U. for college, his mother promptly cut him out of her will. A future Scoop would not inherit the lavender Plymouth and the purple mobile home.

A lesser person than Scoop Johansson would have grown up to be a raving, brainless moron, or in other words, a regular contributor to Washington Husky fan boards. But now you do have a glimpse of how Husky insanity can happen. By all accounts, Scoop grew up in a normal Husky household.

You see, Husky Lunacy is a generational thing.

Through it all, despite Scoop’s being disowned for his Duckdom, and in spite of that restraining order which prevents him from stepping within 1,000 miles of his mother, Scoop still loves her. He never fails to send mother a dozen yellow roses on special occasions like the anniversary of “The Pick” and Phil Knight’s Birthday.

On 3/2/2022 at 11:04 AM, Axel said:

It would be easier to grasp the interrelation of dark energy, gravity, and the weak force on quantum mechanics than to understand this brand of lunacy from the Washington Husky fan base.

One of the best lines ever concerning the purple madness, and how can you not be smiling reading that post?  Thanks for making my day, Axel!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck