Kurt Rambis

Concerns about Thibodeaux?

teams-concerned-kayvon-thibodeauxs-effor
WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

Thibodeaux is viewed as one of the most talented players in the 2022 NFL Draft. A 6-foot-5 edge rusher with great length and...

Not the first time I've seen reporting on this, but I found the following very noteworthy:  "The issues with his motor are seemingly backed up by people affiliated with the Ducks’ football program, who said that the talented pass rusher 'gave up on plays too easily.'"

Would LOVE to know exactly who the article is referring to...and what they have to gain by it...and whether it's even accurate reporting.

Edited by Kurt Rambis
correct spacing

Maybe people formerly affiliated with the Duck football program...?

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember when we heard of a claim on Facebook that Thibs and Cristobal had a scream-out fight?

Thibs called MC “a fraud,” and MC countered with telling him that “he is not working very hard.  That he is getting beaten by guys who will selling insurance in a few months.”

Stuff like that in front of the team builds bad-blood, and a dIscreet NFL interview could be payback?

This is all hearsay and speculation on my part, but that is what we do in a forum!

• Thumbs Up 6

Mr. FishDuck

I believe the falling out was real. Otherwise, why tape Mario in the locker room and release the tape?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

He is a fine player, but I never felt he gave 100%. Perhaps saving himself for the Pro's.

• Thumbs Up 1

If Mr. Thibs thought Mario was a fraud (which most here agree), then maybe dialing it back to avoid injury was the smart move.

I don’t thing he signed up to be nearly last in the country in third down stops. Pretty sure the other NFL caliber players didn’t either.

I think he has all the tools to be an impact player in the NFL and I hope he lights it up.   That being said, I don’t think he went 100% all the time in the two Utah games.  The Utah OL was good by the end of the season, but not as strong at pass blocking and I was worried that we would not be able to handle him.  Thought Sewell was the one with the motor and more of a force to contend with - always getting to the ball.

Saw Thibs dominate in some other games, but didn’t seem to bring it all against the Utes.  Give the Utah coaches some credit for game planning to take him out of some plays, but they aren’t best in class when it comes to that.  

It seems like he's the one this year who is getting the buzz of 'why he should not be ranked so high' - not an uncommon thing for guys who are projected in the way too early drafts as being top 5.

As to giving up on plays too easily, I have no idea about that to make a reasonable comment.

From a purely selfish Duck fan perspective, this is my current fantasy: Tib falls all the way to 17, which puts a chip on his shoulder and inspires him to become a hall of fame edge rusher, playing for years on the same team as his former college teammate and fellow hall of famer Herbert.

On 3/5/2022 at 2:48 PM, Viking Duck said:

From a purely selfish Duck fan perspective, this is my current fantasy: Tib falls all the way to 17, which puts a chip on his shoulder and inspires him to become a hall of fame edge rusher, playing for years on the same team as his former college teammate and fellow hall of famer Herbert.

This would actually end up being good for KT overall. Aaron Rodgers fell to No.24 and the Packers and will end up in the HOF. There is I'm pretty sure a team of Pro Bowlers that could be made by players drafted out of the top 10. 

I have no concerns about Kayvon.

He will most likely make millions playing in the league.👍

Are these the same NFL folks who thought Justin Herbert had “issues” with leadership?

Maybe he will fall far enough to get drafted by the Chargers!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think when millions of dollars and the evaluators/coaches/GMs jobs are on the line, it's easy to talk yourself out of choosing someone when you are faced with a group of players who have all been standouts in college football. It would probably make an interesting psychological study 😄