Charles Fischer

Cristobal's Mother has Passed Away

He was able to be with her these last two months, and perhaps this changes some of the narrative.

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

My sympathies to him and his family.

• Like 2

I stand with the Cane community on this one: my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

• Like 4

RIP Mrs. Cristobal. THIS is what reminds me to remember that football is only a game. 

One day, for whatever the reason, all of us will no longer be watching any game; at least, not on this mortal coil.

I agree with Charles. It doesn't matter why Mario was in Miami to be with his Mom, it simply matters that he was there.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 3

Prayers for the Cristobal familiy

• Like 1

My thoughts and prayers are with Mario and his family at this time.

• Like 1

As all of us who've lost loved ones know, you can't make up the time you didn't spend with them.  I'm glad Mario had the chance to say goodbye to her.

Edited by noDucknewby
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I agree with Charles... this DOES change the narrative somewhat on the way Christobal left Oregon.  As Jon Joseph so correctly stated we are reminded that football is only a game.

Whoopi Goldberg once said, "When I lost my Mother I knew that I would NEVER find another human being to love me the way she did".  I am a witness to that truism. 

The Christobal family has my deepest condolences.

May she Rest in Peace🙏

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

Whatever I feel about Mario as a coach is small potatoes to the important things in life. Losing mom is a dagger to the soul. My condolences coach.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Guest Axel

Many of us have endured the pain of losing our moms; we especially can empathize with Cristobal’s sorrow. Cristobal had the blessed fortune to be with his mother at the time of her passing.

By seeking the Miami head-coaching job, Cristobal made a professional and personal decision that enabled him to be with his mother in her final days. I trust that this decision will give him comfort as he goes forward.

Losing a loved one is a pain far greater than losing anything else in life. Failing to win a big football game hurts, but that hurt dwarfs in comparison to losing a brother, a sister, a father, a mother, or God forbid, a child.

The time will come again to make comment and judgment on Cristobal’s football acumen. For now, I wish Mario to experience compassion and care in his grief.