30Duck

Nyara Sabally Named to Pac-12 All Tournament Team

Congratulations to Nyara! 

I have to be honest about how I feel about Nyara.

She has been on scholarship for almost 4 years now and has played less than 2 of those years. 

It seems like when things aren't going good, that limp shows up.

A player planning on going to the WNBA, you would think would need to convince the WNBA Teams that she is physically okay? 

I want her to do well, but I've struggled with her commitment to the Oregon Lady Ducks! 

A lot of things didn't go well against Utah for the team, but I still can't believe that a player that would be selected to the all tournament team would,  with 4 fouls try to block a NBA almost distance 3 pointer. 

We all know what happened next, Coach Graves right or wrong made some gesture or something and got the technical foul. 

Five free-throws later plus the ball, Utah went from reeling after losing their lead, to putting the game away.

Just can't believe that with those late game decisions, we went from almost certainly to be a first round host to who knows what? 

I've waited 3 days to write this and ironically my view of things hasn't changed! 

As far as Tournament All Conference goes, I think numbers don't begin to tell the story! I would have selected Sedona over Nyara in a heart beat! 

I know the player's are frustrated and we need a reset We also need to have someone step up on the team to lead this young group and I for one don't think it's Nyara  

She appears to have a less than good attitude when things get tough. If you have noticed when Coach Graves takes her out of games when she isn't playing well, he doesn't even try to talk to her. 

Start working with Philly, Kylie and look forward to the other post players coming in and hope that Sedona can get the leg injuries totally healed up by next season! 

Really upbeat on my part and I'm sorry about that, but this group with good player leadership could be a Final 4 team. 

Is Nyara really leaving? With only 12 teams, not certain to be drafted. Europe maybe? 

My understanding is that she has made the decision to leave for the WNBA draft. 

The last draft assessment I saw a week ago had her as high as a number 5 pick. 

I guess I was probably a little too negative about Nyara. I was hoping after this season, she would come back next year and maybe be a favorite for National player of the year and help lead her team to a National Championship. 

One of the reasons that I thought she would come back is the advantage of the new NIL that would be better for her financially at Oregon than a rookie contract with the WNBA. 

Having a completely healthy season would also help her draft standing with GM's in the Pro's.

On 3/7/2022 at 3:36 PM, EOFan said:

I guess I was probably a little too negative about Nyara.

I think we all were over-hyped about her, Prince, the returning team's chances this years, etc.  It would seem that the Championship bloom is off the Oregon Rose.

Mr. FishDuck

Wow, #5 in the draft - was I ever wrong!

My view of this team is that it lacks speed.  They go entire games without a fast break attempt.  The back court also is inconsistent.  Watched every home game and was impressed with the play vs U Conn.  Not a lot else.