Charles Fischer

Dan Lanning Interview: The Road to Eugene

You can listen to the 24 minutes right from this article.  Rave reviews...

2021_12_13_FB_Lanning_Presser_00839EE.JP
GODUCKS.COM

Part one of Rob Moseley's conversation with Dan Lanning, who details his journey to becoming the next head coach of Oregon football.

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Really well put together professional podcast.

A good investment of your time,

On 3/8/2022 at 6:49 PM, ICamel said:

A good investment of your time

AGREED

Question from Sportswriter: This is Oregon, and people are saying that the fact it is your first head coaching job and it is at a place like Oregon....puts you at a disadvantage?

Dan Lanning answering confidently: "Sit back and watch."

About Hiring Assistant Coaches: "I wasn't going to sacrifice having a great coach, and not having a great recruiter.  Coaching is great, and its a huge piece of it, (success) but its not the biggest piece..."  (Recruiting is!)  Whoa!

About Recruiting:  "Its 365 days a year; recruiting is about consistency, and not just about flash.  You want to be (as a coach) at a place that is a 'have,' not a 'have-not,' and Oregon is a 'have."  

The last five minutes?  Whew....gets me excited!

Introducing Oregon Ducks Football Head Coach Dan Lanning - Sports  Illustrated Oregon Ducks News, Analysis and More

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

This is "Episode 65 Dan Lanning PART 1: The Road to Eugene" of The Mighty Oregon Podcast on Spotify for those who cannot use the link provided here.

Edited by toketeeman

Great listen!  Thank you for the link Charles. Pumped for spring ball. 

Thanks For the link. This young man is aggressive, motivated, and humble at the same time. He is calculated in everything he does and I doubt if we will see the deer in the headlights look on the sidelines we have seen in the past few years. If he can’t get players and fans motivated then there is something wrong with our DNA. Can’t wait to see if he can land some of this group coming in this weekend. I think he will.

Go Dan.

Since 1969 when I spent my first summer waiting for football to start in the fall, I haven't been this excited, (no Pointer Sisters this time) for football season to start. So far Lanning hasn't made a mistake yet. Doesn't mean he's perfect, but I'm fine with 99.7%

Man I'll take Lanning's honest enthusiastic answers over Mario's leather helmet coach speak any day. Great stuff!

• Like 1

The coach knows. It's all about the Jimmies and the Joes. 

3 star guys can be coached up for certain. But to contend today you need a Blue Chip Roster (50% or more 4 + 5* recruits.) Cincinnati last season was a big time outlier with guys who were coached up to be NFL draft picks. But outside of the win at an overrated Notre Dame, the schedule for a final 4 participant was incredibly weak.

Came across an interesting factoid. 10 WRs on Ohio State's roster in 2022. All are top 150 recruits. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1