30Duck

MBB: N0.5 Oregon 86 No,12 Oregon State 72. Beavers go 0-18 in 2022

The Ducks Must Win the tournament to get to the NCAA's

10941591.jpg
247SPORTS.COM

Inside the hallways of the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Oregon head coach Dana Altman previewed the Ducks' upcoming game...

Please....just win today and tomorrow against Colorado and get to 20 wins!

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Stanford beats ASU, 71-70 in come from behind thriller. ASU led by 4 at halftime, by 10 with 7:47 left. But a 16-1 run by the Cardinal send Bobby Hurley and ASU home. 

Puddles is in the house!

• Thumbs Up 2

11- 0 Ducks.

On 3/9/2022 at 10:11 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Please....just win today and tomorrow against Colorado and get to 20 wins!

Big ask!  Gotta get to 19 wins before we can think about 20!

Query: do NIT wins count towards that “20 win” total?

SMH at Altman.  Up 12-0.  Let the other team come roaring back to close lead to 1 and still hasn't called a timeout.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/9/2022 at 2:55 PM, Duckdude said:

Query: do NIT wins count towards that “20 win” total?

I believe that post-season wins do count. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Soares putting up 6 pts off the bench in the first half is a huge help, keeping the Ducks in the lead.

Edited by DuckIt

All season long, the Ducks go under the screen and pay the price.

Nice pass by Young to find Dante for the easy bucket.

Too many fouls.

Should be an And1.  Young got tagged on the wrist.

Edited by DuckIt
  • Thanks 1

Say what you want about Young's decision making, stupid fouls, and playing out of control at times, but no one can question that he plays fearless basketball, unlike Richardson.

• Thumbs Up 1

That last trap in the corner with Lucas was poorly executed.  They had him pinned in and they allow him to pass to his teammate under the basket.

Edited by DuckIt

And yes, according to Don MacLean, "This game isn't over yet"

Great game by Young and Guerrier!  Good team win.  All the starters played well except Harmon.  Harmon had a rather quiet game.

Edited by DuckIt

With Colorado playing it's first game tomorrow against the Ducks, it's good that the Ducks didn't have to expend a lot of energy in this one, opposed to Stanford who had to work a lot in their comeback win over ASU, and play No.1 Arizona tomorrow. 

And so much promise from the 2020 CBB tourney for Oregon State and the conference seems to have been pelted?

THIS is truly 1 game at a time. Never know when a team will get HOT? Go Ducks!

On 3/5/2022 at 5:48 PM, ICamel said:

........in Pac12 play, Oregon scored an average of 73 points per game. In the first half of conference play they averaged 76 points, but dropped to an average of 68 in the last half of conference games.

86 points today............................but it was against Oregon State 🙄

Edited by ICamel

Some playoff time basketball trivia.

75 year old, I emphasis, Coach K lost his final home game to UNC! Talk about a tough way to go out for a legendary coach.

Without asking World Wide Webby for the answer, where did Coach K play his college basketball and who was K's head coach?

Points in the paint = Oregon 52, Oregon State 30

On 3/9/2022 at 5:35 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Some playoff time basketball trivia.

75 year old, I emphasis, Coach K lost his final home game to UNC! Talk about a tough way to go out for a legendary coach.

Without asking World Wide Webby for the answer, where did Coach K play his college basketball and who was K's head coach?

Jon

I think his coach was Bobby Knight. Not sure but the school might have been Army? Not certain but it sounds right.

Tough way to go out at home after all these years. What a great Coach... put him in the Coach Wooden class on many levels.  Certainly left Duke better than he found it......

On 3/9/2022 at 9:22 PM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Jon

I think his coach was Bobby Knight. Not sure but the school might have been Army? Not certain but it sounds right.

Tough way to go out at home after all these years. What a great Coach... put him in the Coach Wooden class on many levels.  Certainly left Duke better than he found it......

Ding, Ding , Ding on both counts. West Point is where he played under the coaching of Bobby Knight. If that isn't a double down on discipline, what is?

His teams had many the great player and like Knight's teams, always played in-your-face terrific D. This at a small school; a school with excellent academics.

K did OK in the one and done era but never matched the record before the 1 and done. He brought in lots of ballers but he also turned OK guys into terrific BBall players. I think he exits thinking that things were better back when? When you assembled a team of recruits and then coached them up for 3+ years.

I don't think Calipari can hold Coach K's nether elastic equipment.

I think the Wooden comparison is well warranted. Yes, Wooden had Kareem and Bill Walton but he built teams around the 'lesser studs' he brought to Westwood.

Like Coach Wooden, I doubt that we will again see a guy like Coach K.

• Thumbs Up 2