30Duck

How About Marcus Mariota Taking Over for Russell Wilson?

Trail Blazers fans cheered for former Husky Brandon Roy, how about Seahawks fans cheering for Marcus Mariota?

1340146803.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Former Oregon Ducks quarterback Marcus Mariota is a free agent, and the Seattle Seahawks could be suitors after dealing superstar...

• Thumbs Up 2

Could Husky/Seahawk fans embrace that?

Mr. FishDuck

It would be a good fit for the Seahawks and Marcus...the added bonus would be Husky fans would lose their minds 😄

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm as Seahawks fan, in my heart a "yes" for Marcus, but in my head a "no." Just hasn't quite played well enough. I'm actually pretty high on The Mustache, Gardiner Minshew. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If he were to go in and win games Husky/Seahawk fans would warm up very quickly.

There is a distinction between Husky fans and Seahawks fans, notably, I'm a Seahawks fan. Not as much recently, hello, Justin's a Charger! But I have a lot of great Seahawks memories, saw a lot of games in the 80's, Steve Largent, Kenny Easley, and of course the Mariners back in the Kingdome days. Ken Griffey Jr. Edgar Martinez. If Baseball can get played this season the Mariners will be good. 

On 3/9/2022 at 2:08 PM, 30Duck said:

There is a distinction between Husky fans and Seahawks fans, notably, I'm a Seahawks fan. Not as much recently, hello, Justin's a Charger! But I have a lot of great Seahawks memories, saw a lot of games in the 80's, Steve Largent, Kenny Easley, and of course the Mariners back in the Kingdome days. Ken Griffey Jr. Edgar Martinez. If Baseball can get played this season the Mariners will be good. 

Yeah, when I lived in Portland, most people I knew were Seahawk fans. Only a few were Huskies fans. If Marcus goes there, there may be a lot more Oregon fans come on board.

The Seahawks should BE so lucky!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 reason Wilson left? He was getting consistently dinged behind a bad Seahawks OL.

Does MM at this point in his career have more quicks than does Wilson? I don't think so.

I think Pete Carroll is in his nadir in Seattle.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I was Marcus I would look for a good situation before I move to being the top guy. An OC who knows how to use him, good receivers, and an O-line that will protect him. I am not sure Seattle fits that bill. The problem is what team with those attributes wants a back-up to lead the team? He seems destined to finish out his career like Clemens did as a role playing back-up. Too bad he didn't find the right niche when he came into the league. Maybe, just maybe there is a spot where he can excel again? I would love to see it.

I still think he would fit in San Francisco..,

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

No No a thousand times No.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:01 AM, Just Ducky said:

No No a thousand times No.

Can you explain?  Hate 9ers? Don't believe in Marcus?

If Marcus becomes QB1 there, I will call them SeaChickens no more! 

On 3/10/2022 at 8:41 AM, Steven A said:

Can you explain?  Hate 9ers? Don't believe in Marcus?

Don’t like the niners or the sea cows.

Having masticated this idea for a few days, I'd say that I'd love to see Mariota have a successful run as a starter, wherever it might be. But, I also think he's a smart and driven guy who will be able to take a career as a top backup QB and come out if it as a wealthy man.

If nothing else, completing a touchdown pass to yourself will live on in my memory 😄

MMselfTouchdown.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't like the Sea Hawks at all as a loooong time Steeler fan. It would be hard to watch a hawk game with him as QB.