ICamel

Altman: "We're Not too Good to Play in the NIT."

S2DPKBXADBCXTKYHVDK2XESF7M.jpg
WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Postgame press conference transcript following Oregon's loss to Colorado

DANA ALTMAN: "Well, you always want to take a step back, and these guys are frustrated with me and I’m frustrated, and so you don’t want to make snap decisions just -- or evaluate things when the emotions are high."

"So I’d be very disappointed, if we get the invitation on Sunday, if our guys weren’t excited about playing.............................I want to play, and I hope our guys get the opportunity, and I hope they take it because we’re not too good to play in the NIT. Our program, where we’re at, we’re not too good to play in the NIT. It’s still an honor."

• Thumbs Up 3

To me it is a no-brainer that we accept an NIT bid, and do it with a smile on our face. If we don't, we are just like teams that disdain lower-profile bowl games. I have a name for teams like that, and it violates the "So ten-year olds can read it" rule.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oregon will not be alone in receiving an invitation to the NIT from the Pac-12. I expect WSU and Colorado, unless they win the conference tournament and get into the NCAA's, to be invited to the NIT.

On 3/11/2022 at 4:07 AM, Duckpop22 said:

To me it is a no-brainer that we accept an NIT bid, and do it with a smile on our face. If we don't, we are just like teams that disdain lower-profile bowl games. I have a name for teams like that, and it violates the "So ten-year olds can read it" rule.

Love the quote by the coach but to me, it comes down to the bottom line. If Oregon can make money out of the NIT, play ball. If not, pass.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/11/2022 at 9:04 AM, 30Duck said:

Not to Twitter shame the guy, but "craig stolarczyk" has 150 followers, whereas Prehm has over 20k. I'd say in this case the logic and quality of each person's tweet gives an indication of why there is such a discrepancy in the number of followers.

Or in other words, you will find someone who says 'fire the coach!' sitting at every neighborhood bar.

My friends, sometimes when someone steps over the line with a post and hears from me via email, the response I often get is, "I HAD to respond, as I so disagreed with it."  I tell this person that I see things written every day that I think are Dumb-as-a-Post, but I have to use Impulse Control, just as everyone else does.

Fortunately the comment below is from outside this forum, thus I can share my true feelings about that opinion...and it is what I put into the category of "Stupid-as-Hell."

Mr. FishDuck

Craig, with all due respect, your last name is trending toward Eye Chart territory.

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2022 at 1:07 AM, Duckpop22 said:

Totally agree. You have a chance to play and compete you go for it, money be damned.

It’s not as if Oregon can’t cover any potential shortfall. And Altman is right. Oregon is NOT too good to play in the NIT. It’s where the Ducks belong.

Go get that 20th win

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/11/2022 at 10:17 AM, AllOregon said:

Go get that 20th win

Great pressure on the next game.  Of course, the record of a 20-win season every year at Oregon was inflated the first year with the CBI and a 2 out of 3 finals.  But, it still counts.

• Thumbs Up 1

Who wouldn't want to play more basketball?

If not, transfer to OSU, you only have to play the bare minimum there 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Guest Axel

Craig Stolarczyk, a.k.a. Twitter Einstein, may claim to be a Ducks fan, but I’m not buying it. No Ducks fan with an I.Q. higher than Will Richardson’s uniform number would say that the Oregon basketball program is “trending towards the (Ernie) Kent era.”

In 13 seasons as head coach, Kent’s Ducks finished above .500 in the Pac-10 Conference only four times. Dana Altman’s teams have finished above .500 in the conference in each of the last 11 seasons.

I suspect that Stolarczyk is a Husky fan in disguise. His “derangement score” is off the charts to the point that no mental hospital will have him. One look at his Twitter photo is all the confirmation we need. Those glasses. That face. And he's wearing purple.