Charles Fischer

Canzano on Altman: "The Trust Factor Wasn't There"

Wowsa.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-43
JOHNCANZANO.SUBSTACK.COM

Coach says the trust factor wasn't there this season.

Yep, the tons of experience I was excited about worked against us, as the players thought they knew better...

Mr. FishDuck

Per the article "the year after he took UO to the Final Four, he landed in the NIT. But Oregon immediately regrouped and won two of the next three conference titles."

I had forgotten that. 

So, hopefully, " in Altman we TRUST" will be next year's mantra.

• Thumbs Up 1

Last season Oregon State won the Conference Tournament, made it to the Elite 8. This season they won 1 conference game, lost their last 18 in a row and Wayne Tinkle's seat isn't even warm, there is no better illustration of the gap between Oregon and Oregon State than this. 

We saw in another topic the tweet from a "fan" who thought now was a time for Oregon to look for a replacement for Altman. Fortunately, his is a lone voice. Oregon never really got it going this season, but a couple of different bounces and this unsatisfying season has the Ducks with 22 wins and safely in the NCAA's Next season's recruiting class is one of the best in the country and definitely "In Altman we trust"

• Thumbs Up 1

I am damn happy that Dana Altman is our coach.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just a down year. Looking forward to a better year for both football as well as B ball.

• Thumbs Up 4

Canzano is such an A--H---, glad The Oregonian dumped him, and I will be amazed if he hangs around for more than another year, as someone posted on another site "He'll be selling real estate soon".

Altman is in my opinion the greatest coach The Ducks have ever had.  As he pointed out they had multiple problems with a significant number of players this season.  I did think that Young was one heck of a ballplayer and a real team leader, to bad he won't be back next year and even bigger tragedy, to bad he didn't become a Duck a few years ago, he would have been a great one. Can they keep their 2 rookie big men for next year. great question, I kind of doubt it.  With Mr. All Everything coming on board, and I think Dante may come back, along with our other big man, I can't see them hanging around, however next years team should be a top 10 team and be in it for Pac 12 championship. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/11/2022 at 1:22 PM, mrspenney said:

and I think Dante may come back,

I do too. I don't think this season would do a lot to impress NBA scouts and next season with a hopefully better functioning team would improve his stock. There is still twitter activity about even a couple more recruits joining next season's class and Altman has always been active with transfers. Finish this season as well it can and on to 22-23. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Remember when a 19 win season would have thrilled nearly any Duck fan?

Altman's tenure has spoiled all of us, to a certain degree.

Heck, thanks to the limited entries available to the Madness, Hater's Kamakaze Kids couldn't even sniff an invitation, and ended up in the NIT 3 years running.

Now, many Duck fans consider it an epic failure!

"My, How the Worm Has Turned!"

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2022 at 11:16 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Yep, the tons of experience I was excited about worked against us, as the players thought they knew better...

I can barely remain a gentleman after reading that.  

I am also glad to have Dana Altman as our HC. I think Jacob Young might have been a choice as better team leader this year. Will Richardson kind of wilted (no pun intended)

under that pressure. A great kid with tons of skill, but just not assertive enough to thrive in that role. I'm encouraged about next season with the recruits coming in.

Awful movement near the hoop --Basketball 101--where is it? 3 pointer or die? free throws, no excuse for less than 70%

• Thumbs Up 2

1Ducker1, yes, yes and yes. 

• Thanks 1