30Duck

Lanning on QB Battle: "I Think We Have a Mature Group"

Mature. I didn't expect to see that in a description of the battle for the starting quarterback position, and it's encouraging that Lanning used it. 

USATSI_17883196.jpg?w=640
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The early returns from Oregon’s QB battle show a competitive edge matched with a willingness to make each other better.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thank you 30. 1 guy has true CFB game experience maturity. 

This is Jay B's 3rd year.

Ty T, his 2nd.

They know how to prepare and practice. 

They know these players better, so that's an advantage for route running.

Bo has game experience, a key ingredient. 

The QB position requires leadership, thus maturity. I'm comfortable with any of these 3 leading us.

Can't wait for spring game.

• Thumbs Up 2

I would rather hear --Wow these guys can sure throw the bomb on target--just sayin.

Edited by 1Ducker1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just want to hear, 'wow I never expected this guy to lead this team in annihilating Georgia in Atlanta, never in a million years.' 'Then to see our back- up come in a put up a few more td's, just astounding.' 'I can't wait to see what our 3rd string qb can do in the second half of the EWU game, because he deserves to play too.' 

• Thumbs Up 1

Maturity or not, nothing is gonna happen without that Duck Speed!

I only hope that our coaches Instill confidence in our QBs. Unlike the last four years. Can you imagine Chip telling JH not to run. My god the Chargers have way more to risk than the Ducks did and they run Justin quite a bit. There are very few teams, both college and NFL, that are successful without Quarterbacks that can’t escape pressure or run for first downs against man defenses. Excited to see what our new coaches do with what I think is a lot of undeveloped talent at that position. I think we will see a big change in the production of the most important position on the roster.

• Thumbs Up 1