Graziani93

Y'all Going to the NIT?

I remember back in '96 or '97 one of the UCLA players talking smack to us Duck fans in the stands at Mac Court, asking "Y'all going to the NIT"?  Can't remember who it was but remember thinking, "what an a**."  We didn't have a good comeback then though.

No doubt Utah State is not a bad team - they've beaten some good teams this year (Oklahoma, Richmond, San Diego St.).  But it looks like they also had trouble closing out the season strong.  For some reason, the Ducks seem to play better on the road this year anyway.  I foresee a fun but close game with us coming out on top.

In fact, if the basketball gods grant it, I may enjoy my Ducks being in the NIT more than if they had made the NCAA's.  I live on the East Coast and will pay whatever it costs to see them live in the semi's and the final at Madison Square Garden in late March.  Hell, if I'm gonna make a wish, I have us meeting VCU in the quarterfinals and I'll drive down to Richmond, VA to see that game.  A lot's got to happen first though.  One game at a time, let's get Will back healthy and take care of the Aggies later tonight!

Edited by Graziani93
  • Thumbs Up 2

No.  It really is hard to get excited about NIT.  Even if one wins it all, they are still No. 69 in the country, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

No on the NIT. But, I am going to the NCAA tourney games in Portland.

As a kid, I do remember in 1984 the Mac Court faithful chanting "NIT! NIT! NIT!" during the Ducks' final home game as they were NIT bound. Their first post season of any kind in forever, so It was very exciting at the time..... they lost to Santa Clara in The Pit in the first round ☺. 

On 3/16/2022 at 10:33 AM, Darren Perkins said:

As a kid, I do remember in 1984 the Mac Court faithful chanting "NIT! NIT! NIT!" during the Ducks' final home game as they were NIT bound. Their first post season of any kind in forever, so It was very exciting at the time..... they lost to Santa Clara in The Pit in the first round ☺. 

Sounds like fun times.  Although our standards have changed over the last decade or so, I am appreciating every extra game we have left this season in the NIT.  It will help that we seem to want to be there more than perhaps Texas A&M does.  Their coach had a meltdown after their first NIT game yesterday, whining about how they deserve to be in the Big Dance.  Come on, man, be grateful and prepare for a battle against our Ducks!

Edited by Graziani93

Graz, I hope you get to trip to NYC. But I've been to College Station once and that was more than enough.

GO DUCKS!

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2022 at 9:42 AM, Graziani93 said:

Sounds like fun times.  Although our standards have changed over the last decade or so, I am appreciating every extra game we have left this season in the NIT.  It will help that we seem to want to be there more than perhaps Texas A&M does.  Their coach had a meltdown after their first NIT game yesterday, whining about how they deserve to be in the Big Dance.  Come on, man, be grateful and prepare for a battle against our Ducks!

So my friend (and also ex wife) are Aggies. My friend seems to think they are playing with a rather large chip on their shoulder right now and will blow us out of the arena. I'm really hoping he will have to eat those words as I don't want to hear about it for the next 3 months. Hell, if I had known this was going to be how our season was going to turn out, I would have made plans to go down and watch the game...

On 3/16/2022 at 1:39 PM, Wrathis said:

So my friend (and also ex wife) are Aggies. My friend seems to think they are playing with a rather large chip on their shoulder right now and will blow us out of the arena. I'm really hoping he will have to eat those words as I don't want to hear about it for the next 3 months. Hell, if I had known this was going to be how our season was going to turn out, I would have made plans to go down and watch the game...

Well, alright, let the trash talking begin!  Big chip on their shoulders for what?  Wah wah wah.... 

I think we'll give them all they can handle and put them out of their misery.  I don't normally bet on games but we should be underdogs and may make for a tasty little wager.  Let me scrounge up some change laying around the house and make this fun!

• Thumbs Up 1