Jon Joseph

Just For Grins, How Many Pac-20 Teams Will Make the Sweet 16?

9 teams, almost half of the conference, were invited to this year's NCAA CBB Tournament. More invitations than received by any other conference.

8 teams won their 1st round game - Arizona, Kansas, Baylor, TX Tech, UCLA, Houston, TCU and Iowa State.

USC lost by 2 points to Miami. But showing the Committee's continuing disrespect to the Pac-20, the higher seeded Trojans was the highest seed in the Tourney to be sent farthest from home, having to play its first round game far closer to Miami than LA. (And about what should have been a no-call instead of the late, late game foul call that decided the game?) 

9 teams in and 8 having won to date means big time payouts down the road for the Pac-20 conference. Payouts that will exceed those of any other conference, including the B1G and the SEC.

This kind of success should also help the cause of the Pac-20 in the upcoming media contract negotiations. 

Before today's and Sunday's games, the Pac-20, in theory, has a shot to take all of the spots in the Final 4.  

• Haha 1

Baylor is not helping today.

On 3/19/2022 at 1:52 PM, savagefund said:

Baylor is not helping today.

But did help when the Bears defeated Ole Miss in the Sugar Bowl.

The answer is:

Pac-20 - 6

ACC - 3

B1G - 2

SEC - 1

This is Pac-20 CBB dominance in the No. 2 money-ball sport.

Edited by Jon Joseph

Stanford only. They could win it all again. Deep bench with multiple 3 point shooters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Arizona and the Zags both have had to dig deep to get to the Sweet 16, I definitely think that the Zags had a "Wake up Call" against TCU and will benefit from it. As I was watching Duke advance to yet another "16" for Coach K, I could not believe how much advantage Duke had over M State in skill and athleticism, that the Spartans made that game close is a tribute to the Spartans and Coach Izzo. 

It will be a battle of blue Blue Bloods when UNC & UCLA meet, and I will go with the Pac and call that one for the Bruins. 

• Thumbs Up 1