Charles Fischer

Mariota's Landing Place?

This seems plausible, but what about the chance to WIN?

1540b388341948f2bd4772e4bb7c4d9c-e163519
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Quarterbacks in the NFL are getting traded all over the place. Fortunately for Duck fans, it may have opened a perfect spot for Marcus Mariota to reboot his career.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Mariota to Atlanta would be interesting, but I'd rather see him go to Seattle. As far as winning goes, I don't see Atlanta being a top contender any time soon, but who knows?  I'm guessing Marcus would be thrilled with the chance to be QB1 again. I'm hoping he can finally put the injury bug to rest that has plagued him over his professional career so far. 

I just want to see Mariota land some place that knows how to use his athletic ability and can assemble an offensive line that doesn't result him getting demolished. 

• Thumbs Up 4

On 3/21/2022 at 1:31 PM, latracey said:

Mariota to Atlanta would be interesting, but I'd rather see him go to Seattle. As far as winning goes, I don't see Atlanta being a top contender any time soon, but who knows?  I'm guessing Marcus would be thrilled with the chance to be QB1 again. I'm hoping he can finally put the injury bug to rest that has plagued him over his professional career so far. 

Cowherd is spewing right now about Ryan going to kill it in Indy, good O Line, good weapons, good D, good running game.  It'll be 3rd and 2, instead of 3rd and 8 all time in Atlanta with a leaky O Line.  I think he makes a good point.  Ryan is a good QB but that team won't let him show it.

It is official.  Mariota has signed with Atlanta on a 2 year deal.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool.  Hope to see him play more next season.  Fingers crossed that he beats out whoever they may draft at No. 8 overall pick.  Good time to be a Dux fan with 2 starting QBs in the NFL.

Admittedly I am not up on the Falcons at the moment, but I don't think their O line is a strong suite.

I would share the concern already expressed that Marcus lands somewhere that his passing and running ability are taken advantage of as part of the plan, not just running for his life because of the break down of his blocking. 

I hope they have a plan in place to utilize his talent.

• Thumbs Up 1

Marcus reunites with his OC from his best season, 2016, who is now the head coach at Atlanta. 

This is the opportunity he needs to have a 2nd shot at being the starter.

They need to draft a good receiver.

I AM PUMPED!

Living in Aiken, SC, the Falcons and Charlotte are the 'home team' games. Charlotte I watched before McCaffery went down.

Now if Marcus can win the starting nod I will have a reason to watch the Flameouts, er, the Falcons. 2 games a season vs Jameis would be nice.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/22/2022 at 8:13 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I AM PUMPED!

Living in Aiken, SC, the Falcons and Charlotte are the 'home team' games. Charlotte I watched before McCaffery went down.

Now if Marcus can win the starting nod I will have a reason to watch the Flameouts, er, the Falcons. 2 games a season vs Jameis would be nice.

I don't know if it means anything really, but Marcus signing with Atlanta has to be some kind of good omen for the Ducks playing in Atlanta first thing this coming season. Right?!

I am cruising down the middle of the road on this one. I was hoping to see him as a Colt next year. I hope they can block for him but I don’t think it will happen. Love Marcus but I don’t see how this comes out positive.