Charles Fischer

It is Not Just the Spring Game....it is DUCK DAY!

Whoa!  That is a loaded calendar, an Oregon Sports FEAST!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

This is going to become a BIG DEAL, and made for TV...

Mr. FishDuck

Got to go with the best Duck ever the Green team and LM James.

On 3/28/2022 at 8:25 AM, Charles Fischer said:

This is going to become a BIG DEAL, and made for TV...

Made for TV - yes.

Will anyone see it on the Pac12 network - No 

On 3/28/2022 at 8:54 AM, shawnski said:

Made for Oregon fans then, and we will have a BLAST!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 3/28/2022 at 9:16 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Made for Oregon fans then, and we will have a BLAST!

I'll be there

Live from Budakai 

My impression is they hope fans will attend more than one of the events in person that day. I know DL has said he'd like to to see Autzen packed for the spring game.

Edited by Annie
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hayward in the morning, lunch, and then a 1:00 start, what a day! Longing for the old days of 1:00 kickoffs!

This is brilliant by the way, just brilliant!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/28/2022 at 11:54 AM, shawnski said:

Made for TV - yes.

ESPN is broadcasting 1 spring game this season with Herbie and friends doing the broadcast; the USC game. $ and marketing matter. And in both respects Oregon and SC are far in advance of their conference 'brethren.'

I have Dish TV so I can get the Pac-12 Network in South Carolina; I'll definitely be watching the spring game. Those on DirecTV , for example, cannot get the Pac-12 Network.

Your overall point is a great one. Something has to be done to bring the Pac-12 Network into the big leagues. 

The Pac-12 powers-that-be already turned down an offer from ESPN to take over operation and distribution of the network. With the decision not to expand into the central time zone including Texas, I have no idea what the plan, if there is a plan, is to make the network financially solvent.

Had the conference gone to the Pac-20 I imagine far more carriers would have offered the network and that more than a few folks would have signed up to watch Kansas, Houston, Texas Tech, Baylor and Iowa State play basketball? 

The spring game set up is yet another example of Oregon using superior marketing techniques while most of its Pac-12 'partners' sit on their hands. Sit on their hands while expecting to receive the same revenue share as the Ducks. 

I'm blending topics to include Alex' fine article today and Charles' excellent reply to same; the one thing that could truly alter the CFB, CBB and all other Oregon sports landscape prior to 2026, would be some king of reconfiguring of the Pac-12. I hope that Schill and Mullens are looking out for Oregon before looking out for the conference?

The Ducks continue to lead while most of the other conference members follow way in the rear.

Hats off to Mullens and Lanning for coming up with this great marketing idea.

Give USC all the hype, and it will be that much sweeter when we beat them.  I am sure our friends in Utah would agree with those sentiments...

Mr. FishDuck

On 3/28/2022 at 12:43 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Give USC all the hype, and it will be that much sweeter when we beat them.  I am sure our friends in Utah would agree with those sentiments...

So true. But it will make it more difficult to out-recruit the Trojans.

On 3/28/2022 at 9:44 AM, Jon Joseph said:

So true. But it will make it more difficult to out-recruit the Trojans.

It has always been that way.  With the Dan-Man, we can embrace the challenge, and let's make the 'Natty between Oregon and USC as it was for two SEC teams this year.

Don't everyone laugh yet!  It could happen in the future...and what would THAT do for the conference?

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I want to encourage folks going to the spring game on the 23rd to wander across the parking lot to PK Park afterwards. The Ducks Baseball team hosts Wazzu at 3pm. Second game in a three game series. Great box seats at $10 a pop, GA for $7. I just bought mine. 

On 3/28/2022 at 8:23 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Whoa!  That is a loaded calendar, an Oregon Sports FEAST!

• Thumbs Up 3

Dan the Man is connecting this team to the fans.  He recognizes how connected the Ducks were with the fans back when most of these fellas were on the team.  He's trying to bring back the connection and energy that was the Golden Age of Ducks football....everything that the miami coach lost in a just a few years.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/28/2022 at 9:41 AM, Jon Joseph said:

ESPN is broadcasting 1 spring game this season with Herbie and friends doing the broadcast; the USC game. $ and marketing matter. And in both respects Oregon and SC are far in advance of their conference 'brethren.'

I have Dish TV so I can get the Pac-12 Network in South Carolina; I'll definitely be watching the spring game. Those on DirecTV , for example, cannot get the Pac-12 Network.

Your overall point is a great one. Something has to be done to bring the Pac-12 Network into the big leagues. 

The Pac-12 powers-that-be already turned down an offer from ESPN to take over operation and distribution of the network. With the decision not to expand into the central time zone including Texas, I have no idea what the plan, if there is a plan, is to make the network financially solvent.

Had the conference gone to the Pac-20 I imagine far more carriers would have offered the network and that more than a few folks would have signed up to watch Kansas, Houston, Texas Tech, Baylor and Iowa State play basketball? 

The spring game set up is yet another example of Oregon using superior marketing techniques while most of its Pac-12 'partners' sit on their hands. Sit on their hands while expecting to receive the same revenue share as the Ducks. 

I'm blending topics to include Alex' fine article today and Charles' excellent reply to same; the one thing that could truly alter the CFB, CBB and all other Oregon sports landscape prior to 2026, would be some king of reconfiguring of the Pac-12. I hope that Schill and Mullens are looking out for Oregon before looking out for the conference?

The Ducks continue to lead while most of the other conference members follow way in the rear.

Hats off to Mullens and Lanning for coming up with this great marketing idea.

I think Pac12 is broadcasting the UCLA spring game that day?