30Duck

Sabrina's Dad: "Oregon is Not for Everybody"

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Punctuation, or the lack of it on Twitter always bugs me.

Of Course I get Easily Unhinged...

giphy.gif

That's how he did it...a leg push off the wall!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I think Dan Ionescu said it as well as it could be stated, many players that weren't ready for the real world of high level college basketball! 

I would like to add some additional thoughts as it relates to the three 5 stars that are leaving, I honestly think that the complete star rating needs to be revamped given their individual talents. 

Appreciate what those Ladies tried to bring to our Lady Ducks, but it wasn't 5 star talent. 

Loved Kylies passion and hustle, Maddie also worked hard and could defend. The one who was the biggest disappointment too me is Sydney, if she wasn't hitting her shot Coach had to sit her down, had literally 1 gear and it wasn't fast, no defense and a once in a blue moon rebound! 

Hopefully for their sake they find teams that can use their talents! 

Returning team and incoming recruits, get ready to dedicate yourselves to playing Lady Ducks basketball and prepare in this off-season to winning many future championships! 

• Thumbs Up 3

Recruiting ranking firms are incentivized to engage online clicks, not to be accurate.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

The coaches failed.  They need to learn how to recruit competitors and then coach them up.  If not then you aren't doing your job.

5 Star Oregon Recruits Chance Gray and Grace VanSlooten played like 5 Stars at the McDonald All America Game. Gray is an excellent 3 point shooter and ball handler. VanSlooten is a solid shooter,  rebounder and defender. Both are athletic and very good basketball players. 

Don’t want to disparage the lady athletes but EOfan said it well. I second this comment. 

What I’d like to know is what was up with Taylor Bigby this year? Was she injured? I read that she was another real deal five star but didn’t see her at all. 

I remember Bigby as being a 4 star. Don't know why she got so little playing time.

Oregon has two 4 stars from Arizona: wing Jennah Isasi and post Kennedy Basham (6'7"). As of November 2021, Gray was nationally ranked at 7, VanSlooten 13, Isasi 35 and Basham 59. 

Bigby injured all year

I did some quick interweb research and it looks like Bigby was ranked anywhere between 24-29 with some rankings putting her at five star.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:09 PM, 30Duck said:

Should be posted on the front door of every prospective recruits front door on their recruiting visit for every program.

• Thumbs Up 2